Capital One announced today that if you transfer miles to Skyteam airline Aeromexico by 8/8, you’ll get a 20% transfer bonus, making that a 1:1.2 transfer instead of the normal 1:1 ratio. As cards like Capital One Venture and Capital One Spark Miles card offer 2 miles per dollar spent, that’s an effective 2.4 Aeromexico miles per dollar spent.
From 8/1-8/31 Capital One will also offer a 33% bonus on transfers to British Airways Avios. The normal transfer ratio there is 2:1.5, so during the promo it will be 1:1. As cards like Capital One Venture and Capital One Spark Miles card offer 2 miles per dollar spent, that’s an effective 2 Avios per dollar spent.
Capital One says that they remain committed to adding more airline transfer options and offering transfer bonuses.
They also announced today that they will open an airport lounge in Denver in 2022. They previously announced that they will open a lounge in Dallas/Fort Worth this fall, and in Washington DC/IAD in mid 2022. Lounges will feature relaxation rooms with bedding, shower suites, working spaces, kids rooms, nursing rooms, and secure lockers. The DFW lounge will also feature a cycling and yoga room with Peloton bikes and multi-faith rooms with space to pray. Capital One credit cardholders will be eligible for special entry rates depending on their card.
Here is the full lineup of Capital One’s 19 transfer partners with their transfer ratios:
- Accor Hotels (2:1)
- Aeromexico (1:1, 1:1.2 from 7/12-8/8, SkyTeam)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (2:1.5, Star Alliance)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (2:1.5, SkyTeam)
- Avianca LifeMiles (1:1, Star Alliance)
- British Airways Avios (2:1.5, 1:1 from 8/1-8/31, OneWorld)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (1:1, OneWorld)
- Choice Hotels (1:1, coming soon)
- EVA (2:1.5, Star Alliance)
- Etihad (1:1, No alliance)
- Emirates (2:1, No alliance)
- Finnair (1:1, OneWorld)
- Qantas (1:1, OneWorld)
- Singapore (2:1, Star Alliance)
- TAP Air Portugal (1:1 transfer ratio, Star Alliance)
- Turkish Airlines (2:1.5, Star Alliance)
- Wyndham Hotels (1:1)
For a limited time only, you can earn up to 100,000 bonus miles on the Capital One Venture Card! If you spend $20,000 in 12 months, you’ll have at least 140,000 miles as you earn 2 miles per dollar spent everywhere. You can read more about the offer here.
You can also earn transferrable Capital One miles on the Capital One Spark Miles card, which earns 50,000 bonus miles for spending $4,500 in 3 months and 2 miles per dollar spent.