Update: This offer ends today!
Originally posted on 3/14:
Save 20% Off Southwest Award Tickets
Use promo code on the flight search page: SAVE20NOW
- Book by 3/16
- Travel by 5/24
You can save 20% off the points rate for Southwest awards. The points rate will vary based on the paid cost of a flight. You can search for flights on sale here.
If you previously purchased Southwest travel, you will want to reprice it now to check if you should cancel and rebook it!
For example a one-way Los Angeles-Las Vegas nonstop flight on 4/16 is $44.98 with tax. It can also be bought for 2,323 points plus $5.60 tax without the code or 1,858 points with the code. 2,323 points gets you a value of $39.38 ($44.98 airfare less the $5.60 tax on the points ticket), imputing a value of 1.7 cents (39.38/2,323) per point without the code. 1,858 points gets you a value of $39.38 ($44.98 airfare less the $5.60 tax on the points ticket), imputing a value of 2.42 cents (44.98/1,858) per point with the code.
If you get a value of 2.42 cents per point, that makes the Ink Unlimited and Ink Cash 90K signup bonuses worth $2,718 each!
Read more about those bonuses endings soon here!
Of course if you also have a Southwest Companion Pass, you’ll get twice as much value out of your points!
- If you, a member in your household, or an authorized user has one of the following Chase cards, you can transfer points into miles:
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card has a 60K signup bonus, earns 2.1 points per dollar on travel, 3.1 points per dollar on dining, streaming, and online groceries, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.3 cents each for paid travel ($95 annual fee). Read more here.
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve® card has a 60K signup bonus, earns 3 points per dollar on dining/travel, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.5 cents each for paid travel ($550 annual fee with $300 travel credit). Read more here.
- The Chase Ink Preferred® Card has a 100K signup bonus and earns 3 points per dollar on shipping, advertising, and travel, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.25 cents each for paid travel or pay yourself back categories ($95 annual fee). Read more here.
Chase no-annual fee cards that are fantastic for earning points, but require one of the cards above for points transfers include:
- The Chase Ink Cash® Card has a record high 90K signup bonus and earns 5 points per dollar on cable, TV, telecom, cellular, office supply stores, and gift cards from office supply stores, plus 2 points per dollar on dining and gas ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- The Chase Ink Unlimited® Card has a record high 90K signup bonus and earns 1.5 points per dollar everywhere ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- The Chase Freedom Flex℠ Card has a 20K signup bonus, plus 5 points on rotating categories, 5 points per dollar on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, and 3 points per dollar on dining and drugstores ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card earns 3 points per dollar on up to $20K in purchases for 1 year, at least 1.5 points per dollar everywhere, 5 points per dollar on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, and 3 points per dollar on dining and drugstores ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
Leave a Reply
21 Comments On "[Ends Today!] Awesome Use Of Chase Ultimate Reward Points: Save 20% Off Southwest Award Tickets, Reprice Your Previous Tickets!"
All opinions expressed below are user generated and the opinions aren’t provided, reviewed or endorsed by any advertiser or DansDeals.
I used it this morning. It seems like it lets me use the coupon a 2nd time, but I didn’t finish the purchase to confirm. Has anyone tried this?
There’s no limit.
Southwest is terrible from New York (lga). They have no routes without stopovers
LGA nonstops: ATL, BNA, MDW, DAL, DEN, HOU, MCI, MCO, MSY, STL, TPA
ISP nonstops: BNA, BWI, FLL, MCO, TPA, PBI
PHL nonstops: ATL, BNA, MDW, DAL, DEN, FLL, HOU, MCO, MSY, STL, TPA
I haven’t seen a direct flight from PHL to FLL since Covid . They still have it on their charts.
I flew few weeks back. Typically on Saturday afternoon (both direction)
Is there a website that gives you the above info, or is it a product of insane flying habits ?
Right, wish they come back to EWR
Is it better to use Chase URs than SW RRs? Or are you just saying to use URs if one doesn’t have RRs?
Thanks, @Dan! Just saved 8K points on my trip home from Cancun! Te price had already gone down.
I’m confused. I don’t think you can book southwest flights with Chase points. THey never show any southwest flights. Right?
You transfer points to Southwest to book this.
Does anyone know anything about “Play Airlines”? Is there a post or forum page about it?
How do I transfer chase points into southwest points? In the chase app?
In the Chase Ultimate Rewards Portal (of an annual fee card) go to transfer to partners
when i tried transferring points to southwest it says temporarily unavailable, any reason why