Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
Update, 11/23: You can now get a WiFi adapter for just $19.99 after a $10 Black Friday discount. This is now its lowest price ever from Amazon. The adapter allows you to wirelessly connect the OBi200 and a landline phone to a WiFi network instead of plugging them into an internet router.
The OBi200 provides you with free landline service and is also on sale for just $36.99 after a $21 Black Friday discount. This is now its lowest price ever from Amazon.
I use an OBi200 to get free landline service and it works great!
Quick FAQ’s about this device:
- It costs $0 per month after you buy the machine.
- A phone number is free with Google Voice.
- Calls are free from anywhere in the world to US and Canada numbers!
- It works with any regular landline phone. For example a VTech Dect 6.0 cordless phone with caller ID is $14.97 or a VTech cordless phone with Caller ID and speakerphone is $19.95. A 2 handset system with caller ID and speakerphone is $34.95.
- A V-tech 2-Line Expandable Cordless Phone with Digital Answering System and Caller ID is $65.62 and an additional V-Tech 2 line phone is $29.95.
- It makes regular outgoing and incoming calls with caller ID.
- You can use GV911 to enable 911 calls.
- You can call international numbers for a little as as 1 cent per minute. Israel is 1 cent per minute for landlines and 3 cents for cell phones. All rates are listed here.
- You can only port a cell phone number to Google, so if you want another number you’ll have to first port it to a prepaid cell service and then port it to google. Porting in your old number costs $20.
- You don’t need any other phone service, just broadband (DSL/FIOS/Cable) internet service with a router. If you don’t have a router you can buy this WiFi adapter on sale for $19.99 to allow the OBi to work over WiFi.
- You do not need a computer.
- You do not need a phone jack.