DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: This offer expires 12/31!
Originally posted on 10/16:
If you clip the “Activate now” coupon via this link it will tell you if you are targeted to save 30% off or 40% off anything sold from Amazon when you redeem 1 AMEX Membership Rewards Point.
- If you are targeted for the 10% off offer you can save up to $10 off $100.
- If you are targeted for the 20% off offer you can save up to $20 off $100.
- If you are targeted for the 30% off offer you can save up to $30 off $100.
- If you are targeted for the 40% off offer you can save up to $50 off $125.
- If you are targeted for the 50% off offer you can save up to $60 off $120.
You can use this offer on multiple orders until you reach the max savings for your offer.
This offer expires 12/31 or when 33.3K offers have been redeemed.
Be sure to check your AMEX Offers for stackable offers, including 8 points per dollar spent through 12/31!
Save on Amazon deals such as deals found here. Items must say shipped and sold by Amazon to qualify for these offers.
If you aren’t targeted you can try:
- Linking your American Express Membership Rewards card to your Amazon account
- Be sure to link your cards onto your primary Amazon account and on an Amazon Prime Free Household account, so that both accounts can get targeted.
- Try deleting your cards from your Amazon account and then enrolling them again.
- After linking your card, check back in a couple days to see if you have been targeted via the offer links above.
- If you have multiple Amazon accounts, you should try to save this offer to all of them before the offers fill up!
This will work with AMEX cards that earn Membership Rewards points, including:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- AMEX Green Consumer Card
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
This won’t work for Amazon gift cards, but it will work for 3rd party gift cards sold by Amazon.
Gift cards sold by Amazon that work for this promotion include:
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- American Eagle
- Bass Pro Shops
- Best Buy
- Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh
- Dave & Busters
- Eddie Bauer
- Forever 21
- Gap Inc
- Google Play
- Krispy Kreme
- Lands End
- L.L. Bean
- Office Max
- Regal Entertainment
- Stop & Shop
- Sunglass Hut
- Uber (Shared with Uber Eats balance)
- Whole Foods
- Ulta Beauty
- Yankee Candle
- And many more, including many grocery store chains.
At checkout select the Membership Rewards card that you linked.
You may need to click “Change” by the credit card at checkout if it’s showing a different default credit card.
On the final checkout page click on “Apply rewards points” and enter $0.01 to use 1 point to save 1 cent (Don’t use more than 1 point as buying on Amazon only gives a paltry value of 0.7 cents per AMEX point!):
For example I added AirPods Pro to my cart and got $30 off with my 30% off offer. If you have the 40% off offer then you’ll pay just $149!
If you want to pay with your Amazon gift card balance, you can try adding a new Amazon gift card of any amount at checkout.
Are you targeted for this offer?a free trial of Amazon Prime. A prime trial is also free with Amazon Family (which also gets you up to 20% off diapers among other benefits) or Amazon Student. EBT/Medicaid Cardholders can save on Prime Membership here.