DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post.
I’m sitting at the Airspace lounge in Cleveland, enjoying a free drink and getting some work done before my flight. It’s one of the reason I keep my AMEX Business Platinum card open. I used Pre-Check, which is free with the card to get through security in 2 minutes. I’ll stop by Bar Symon on my way to my gate where I’ll pickup $28 of free snacks from the Priority Pass membership that comes with the card. I have 3 checked bags, so I used the airline fee credit from the card to get the 3rd bag for free. I’ll have free WiFi onboard thanks to the 10 free GoGo passes that the Business Platinum card includes. Plus I’ll have Centurion lounge access in Miami and in Buenos Aires along the way. A card like Chase Sapphire Reserve has a lower effective annual fee and includes a $300 airline fee credit as well as Priority Pass access and Pre-Check membership.
During my connection in Miami I’ll be checking out the Kosher Food & Wine event, so come over and say hello if you see me.
I’ll be in Buenos Aires at the Park Hyatt (a bargain at 20K Chase or Hyatt points) for Shabbos before flying down to Ushuaia on Sunday.
In Ushuaia I’ll meet up with over 50 kosher observant passengers who are joining me on the first ever kosher catered cruise to Antarctica. You can read my original post about the cruise here.
Our group will consist of Jews with a diverse range of backgrounds from their 20s to their 70s. All are looking forward to completing the ultimate bucket list item of stepping foot, and perhaps even camping out, in Antarctica.
We’ll board our cruise to Antarctica on Monday and will have to sail through the infamous Drake Passage to reach Antarctica.
I hope to be able to share pictures on Instagram, so be sure follow @DansDeals there to see all of the latest updates.
My brother JJ will keep posting great bargains while I’m traveling, though I’ll try to share some posts as well.
How many site features are you taking advantage of?
- Follow @DansDeals on Instagram and keep up with my latest pics from on the road and at home. Come along for the ride!
- Join the 92,300+ people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com!
- Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be the first to know about every deal.
- Follow @DansDeals on Telegram for instant deal notifications.
- Sign up for our Beta WhatsApp notifications. Send a message to the number via that link and follow the instructions. Please allow 24 hours until you start receiving the new notifications. This option is still in beta testing and for now you will receive a deals roundup every couple of hours rather than instant alerts of all deals.
- Discuss or ask about whatever is on your mind and dig deeper into all kinds of deals at DDF (DansDeals Forums) at www.dansdeals.com/forums. There are now over 25K DDF members who have made over 1.9 million posts in more than 79,000 different topics! Feel free to browse the wealth of information there and click on “register” in order to be able to start posting your own tips or ask questions about anything you’d like to know about. After you register just click on the appropriate forum (Destination Guides, Trip Reports, Credit Cards, Goods For Sale, Up In The Air, etc.) and you can search for information (always start with a search as your question has probably already been answered!), add your own new thread topic, or reply to any existing one. It’s fun and easy! Need help with registering or getting started? Just post a comment right on this post and I’ll help you out!
Many threads now have a Wiki (found on the first page of a thread) to help summarize the entire topic.
Some of the best information is discussed at DDF meetups, find the DDF DO board for information on where meetups are happening now!
- Join the 35,000+ people following the DansDeals.com Facebook group who used to get instant email alerts of only the hottest deals before facebook stupidly turned off the “email group” feature. Now it’s more of a poorly organized version of DDF…though it has its moments.
- Like the DansDeals.com Facebook page.
- Subscribe to the DansDeals.com RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/feed, or to the DansDeals comments RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/comments/feed where you can get updates on all the recent comments, no matter which deal they’re posted on.
- 29K+ people receive a daily email digest of everything posted on Dansdeals.com via Google’s Feedburner service! Bear in mind that with this service you will receive emails a day after a deal is posted, so there’s a decent chance that by the time you get the email the deal will be dead already…which is why I prefer the twitter option. It seems to be a favorite pastime of Feedburner subscribers to email me asking how dare I send them an email of deals after the deal is already dead or to leave irate comments like this one. At any rate to subscribe just locate the “Daily Email Digest” section in the sidebar of this site, enter your email address, and subscribe. You can also use the Feedburner RSS feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/Dansdeals
- Post comments and share your thoughts right on the site under every single deal posting! Participating and interacting is what makes this site fun! Every deal also has a comments RSS feed that you can subscribe to.
Advertise on DansDeals.com and reach our tens of thousands daily unique visitors. Advertising on DansDeals delivers serious results! Try it out and see firsthand why businesses and charities are seeing incredible results from DansDeals advertising, with returns on their investment several times greater than when advertising on other websites. For more info just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org