This was selling for $109.95 before the price started to drop and is now the lowest price on Amazon since 2014.
I LOVE Polar Bear suitcases. As you probably know, I have a bit of a travel addiction. And while I enjoy a trip to Miami every now and then, I’m not talking about flying to Miami every other week. I like exploring far-flung places like Longyearbyen, Palau, Tasmania, Dubai, and the Maldives. As a kosher observant Jew that means I have to bring my own food unless there happens to be a Chabad House Restaurant at my destination.
On trips less than about 15 hours, I just freeze food a few days before the trip and the food arrives frozen. But on longer trips, on trips when there can be weather that cancels a flight, or when the connections times are very tight or very long I pack my items in a Polar Bear suitcase.
Food that’s been frozen beforehand will stay frozen for a couple of days in a Polar Bear suitcase. If you add ice packs in the suitcase it will stay frozen for even longer.
It truly opens up the world for anyone that needs to travel with perishables. The 48 pack is the largest size that they make. The trick to expand it is to fill it up with warm water and let it stand with water in it for half an hour or so. After that you should be able to fit about 50 pounds of food in it, depending on how well packaged the food is. For family travel, expect to need a couple of these.
What are your kosher travel secrets?
- Rugged 1000D Nylon exterior – never rips, scratches or tears; Unbreakable zippers and hardware by YKK
- High density open-cell foam insulation provides a minimum of 24 hours frozen ice when packed correctly
- Strongest and safest interior liner ever built into a soft cooler – FDA Approved TPU Double-Coated Nylon
- Adjustable padded shoulder rest included (not available with 6 Pack size)
- Want to custom brand your cooler? No problem! Nylon Series coolers can be purchased directly on the Polar Bear Coolers website with text or logo embroidery
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – Guaranteed Leakproof / Sweatproof
- Can be compressed down to half-size when empty, and tucks away nicely when not in use