Hertz has shamefully devalued their Gold Plus Rewards Points without providing any advance notice.
Sample devaluations to the standard award chart (Peak AnyDay rewards are double the cost of standard rewards):
- Premium car weekend: Was 550 points/day, now 750 points/day
- Premium car weekday: Was 675 points/day, now 750 points/day
- Premium car week: Was 2,750 points/week, now 3,750 points/week
- Minivan/Convertible weekend: Was 825 points/day, now 1,500 points/day
- Minivan/Convertible weekday: Was 1,000 points/day, now 1,500 points/day
- Minivan/Convertible week: Was 4,400 points/week, now 7,500 points/week
Absolutely terrible that Hertz provided zero notice of this devaluation. Earlier this year they changed their expiration policy from 24 to 18 months without notice. Loyalty programs that don’t realize that loyalty is a 2 way street may find themselves without any loyal members left.
Then again with Hertz reporting rental cars as stolen and having renters arrested, maybe you’re better off without them even without this unethical devaluation.