Israel, home to the harshest coronavirus bans on the planet, is now turning away non-Israelis arriving on flights from Italy. Israelis who have visited Italy will have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks.
Expect all flights between Italy and Israel to come to a halt.
Israel has now banned non-Israelis who have visited China, Hong Kong, Italy Japan, Macau, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, or Thailand in the past 2 weeks and quarantining Israelis who visited those countries.
- El Al has suspended service to:
- Milan through at least March 14th
- Naples through at least March 14th
- Rome through at least March 14th
- Venice through at least March 14th
- Bangkok through at least March 27th
- Beijing through at least May 2nd
- Hong Kong through at least May 2nd
I wrote on Sunday that Bangkok and Tokyo flights were in danger and now El Al has confirmed that new service to Tokyo that was scheduled to launch on March 11th will be postponed until at least April 4th.
Community spread of coronavirus seems inevitable for many countries at this point. With Israel advising its citizens to avoid all travel abroad, do you think Israel will eventually seal its borders and end all international flights?