Hyatt previously announced Work from Hyatt offers that came with a workspace included with hotel rates.
The office for the day comes with:
- Standard guestroom from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. with a workspace and high-floor rooms with a view upon availability plus the option to upgrade
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi internet access
- 50% discount on self- or valet parking
- 15% food and beverage discount and complimentary bottled water and a selection of coffee and tea in-room
- Access to hotel amenities such as the gym and pool, where available
- Access to businesses facilities such as printer, scanner and fax machine, where available
- Standard World of Hyatt in-hotel benefits including earning points and having Office for the Day stays count toward elite-tier status
- Ability to use World of Hyatt points to redeem for an Office for the Day package
- Flexible cancellation at no charge up to 24 hours before scheduled arrival
Hyatt says that packages start at $65 per day, but a quick search showed some packages for just $45 in Chicago:
The total at this sample hotel is $49.95 for the day rate:
For that, you would earn:
- 225 base points
- 450 bonus points
- 200 points for spending on a World of Hyatt credit card
- 45-68 points for having Hyatt status
- 2 elite nights per day from 1/1-2/28
Let’s say the 920-943 points are worth about $15, which drops the effective total to $35 for the room.
You can potentially earn Globalist status with just 9 stays in January-February if you open a new World of Hyatt credit card by 12/31.
The effective cost for this can be as low as $315, plus you’ll earn a free category 1-4 hotel night when you hit Globalist to make that deal even more attractive.
Not a bad deal at all!
If you have an existing World of Hyatt credit card you would need to make 13 stays in January-February, though that number would drop to 10 stays if you spend $15K on your card to earn a bonus anniversary night or 7 stays if you spend $30K on your card to earn 2 bonus anniversary nights. Of course the stay requirement would drop even more when you redeem those free nights.
Will you try to hit Globalist with day rates? Post what day rate deals you find!