Starting on 3/18, United will temporarily close all of their Polaris business class lounges due to plummeting demand caused by the COVID-19 outbreak.
United’s Polaris lounges offer business class passengers premium drinks, food, shower rooms, nap rooms, and more. They’re located in Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, and San Francisco. Future Polaris lounges were expected in Washington DC, Hong Kong, London, and Tokyo, though those plans are on hold for now.
United will also be temporarily closing their Clubs in:
- Denver club near gate B32
- Newark clubs near gates A2 and C93
- Washington DC/IAD clubs near gates C4 and C7
- Houston clubs near gates A9, C33, and B mezzanine
- Chicago clubs near gates B18 and F8
- San Francisco clubs near gates E4, and mezzanine
All of those airports will still have at least 1 remaining club that will be open.