United’s app is easily the best in the industry. It allows you to see all kinds of useful information about your flight, upgrade lists, incoming flight, flight booking, and more.
United says that of as today, they have added new features for flight delays and cancellations, including the ability to get hotel and meal vouchers through the app.
“When a flight is delayed by more than 60 minutes or canceled, customers will automatically see options for delays and cancellations on the home screen of the United mobile app. Here’s how it works:
- Get notified: Click the link in the automatic text notification or enter flight details in the mobile app or united.com to open the tool. For customers who have their reservation already loaded in the app, they’ll see a prompt right on the home screen.
- Check flight and re-booking status: Confirm the status of your flight and see if you’ve been re-booked. Customers also have the option to look at other flight options and book based on their preference.
- Track your bags: Follow the status of your checked luggage to see when it is checked-in, loaded on your flight and received at your final destination.
- View eligible vouchers: Receive hotel, meal and/or rideshare vouchers if eligible.
- Connect to a United customer service agent virtually: Call, text or video chat with one of hundreds of United agents who can offer the same assistance as the agents at the airport.”
Let us know if you try this feature out!