- As part of the December 2020 COVID-19 stimulus package, households can apply for $50 off their monthly internet bill if any adult, child, or dependent in the household is eligible via the following methods:
- SNAP recipients
- Medicaid recipients
- Supplemental Security Income recipients
- Federal Public Housing Assistance recipients
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit recipients
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 with a total household income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers
- Received a federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Received approval for benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year
- If your income is 135% or less than the federal poverty guidelines.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program
The $50 monthly discount will last until the program runs out of funding or 6 months after the end of the COVID-19 emergency, whichever comes first. There will be a 60 day advance notice provided.
Eligible households can also get a $100 discount off a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet, with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50, from your internet provider.
Will you take advantage of this benefit?