Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
At 8pm ET today, you can click on this page to try to get a code for a free ticket from the US to Hong Kong. Valid origin cities are Boston, Los Angeles, New York, or San Francisco.
At 9pm ET today, you can click on this page to try to get a code for a free ticket from Canada to Hong Kong. Valid origin cities are Toronto or Vancouver.
All tickets are sponsored by Hong Kong International Airport in order to bring tourists back to a city hard hit by COVID restrictions and a Chinese mainland crackdown on free speech and demonstrations in the city.
You must be a Cathay Pacific Asia Miles member to book a free ticket. Be sure to be logged into your account before trying to get a code.
Once you have a code, hurry and try to use it for a free ticket as quickly as possible! You need to finalize your booking before all tickets are booked.
- Some 2,890 round-trip tickets from the US to Hong Kong and 1,555 tickets from Canada to Hong Kong will be given away.
- Taxes and fees will still be owed on the free ticket.
- The code will be valid for 1 free round-trip ticket.
- To be able to use your unique code you must be a Cathay member and be logged into your Cathay account.
- You can earn miles and even use miles to upgrade the free ticket.
- You must travel within 9 months.
- The minimum stay period for the ticket is 2 days, and the maximum stay period for the ticket is 1 month. Changes will incur a rebooking fee.
- All tickets are non-transferable, non-reroutable, and non-exchangeable. However the taxes & surcharges are refundable if you need to cancel.
If you get a code, you’ll want to use it fast, so have your dates ready! Summertime can be sweltering in the hilly city, I’d recommend going in the fall for winter, which is perfect as the ticket is valid for use through mid-February.
Once the free ticket allotment is used the promotion will be over, so you’ll need to be fast. Bookings are only guaranteed once you pay for your ticket and get a confirmation.
Expect website traffic to be very heavy and to have to wait in a waiting room to buy a ticket.
Post a comment if you win a free ticket!