DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update, 6/30: More people have been targeted for this promotion, so check again now to see if you have been targeted.
I was originally not targeted on my primary Amazon Prime account, but I was targeted on my Amazon Prime Free Household account, so be sure to check or add a household account.
I deleted my AMEX Membership Rewards cards from my primary Amazon account last week and then immediately enrolled it again. My primary account wasn’t targeted right away, but it has been targeted today, so now I have this offer on both of my Amazon Prime accounts. I’m not sure if that’s due to additional targeting or because of removing and adding the card, but give it a try and see for yourself!
Originally posted on 6/25:
- Targeted: Use 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards Point And Get $15 Off $60 From Amazon!
- Targeted: Use 1 AMEX Membership Rewards Point And Get $30 Off $60 From Amazon!
This offer is targeted to select users. If it doesn’t work for you then you can try calling Amazon (888-280-4331) or chatting with Amazon and see if you can get it manually applied to your account…YMMV!
You can also try linking your American Express Membership Rewards card to your Amazon account and check back in a couple days to see if you become targeted.
If you clip the “Click here to activate” coupon via this link it will tell you if you are targeted to save 20% off anything sold from Amazon when you redeem 1 AMEX Membership Rewards Point.
Last year this promotion stacked with some Prime Day sales and made for some incredible deals as it took 20% off of the original price. Last year this promotion also was able to be used before Prime Day and then again on Prime Day.
Once you do that, just add items that are shipped and sold from Amazon to your cart. This won’t work for items sold by 3rd parties.
You can save up to $50 off $250 with this offer.
You can use this offer on multiple orders until you reach $50 in max savings.
This offer expires 7/16.
This will only work with AMEX cards that earn Membership Rewards points, including:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595 annual fee, earn 1.5 points per dollar on eligible $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, 1 year WeWork Global Office Space, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- For rates and fees of the AMEX Platinum Business Card, please visit here.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- $250 annual fee, 40K points welcome bonus, $100 in annual airline fee credits, earn up to 4 points per dollar.
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- $550 annual fee, up to 60K points welcome bonus, earn 5 points per dollar on airfare, $200 in annual airline fee credits, up to $200 in annual Uber credit, up to $100 in annual Saks credit, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- $95 annual fee, up to 20K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.5-4.5 points per dollar everywhere with 30+ monthly transactions.
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
- No annual fee, up to 15K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.2-2.4 points per dollar everywhere with 20+ monthly transactions.
If you have multiple Amazon accounts, you should try to save this offer to all of them before the offer fills up.
If you are also targeted for the $30 off $60 offer then Amazon will give you the better offer at checkout, so if your order is between $60-$149.99 you will get the $30 off promo, while other orders will get the 20% off promo.
Gift cards sold by Amazon that work for this promotion include:
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- American Eagle
- Bass Pro Shops
- Best Buy
- Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh
- Dave & Busters
- Eddie Bauer
- Forever 21
- Gap Inc
- Krispy Kreme
- Lands End
- L.L. Bean
- Office Max
- Regal Entertainment
- Sunglass Hut
- Whole Foods
- Ulta Beauty
- Yankee Candle
- And many more
At checkout select the Membership Rewards card that you linked.
You may need to click “Change” by the credit card at checkout if it’s showing a different default credit card.
On the final checkout page click on “Apply rewards points” and enter $0.01 to use 1 point to save 1 cent (Don’t use more than 1 point as buying on Amazon only gives a paltry value of 0.7 cents per AMEX point!):
For example I added $250 of Uber gift cards and got the $50 off with the 20% off AMEX Promo and $0.01 from the 1 point used at checkout:
You can also try linking your AMEX card to another Amazon account and see if it works from there as well!
What will you buy with 20% off?a free trial of Amazon Prime. A prime trial is also free with Amazon Family (which also gets you up to 20% off diapers among other benefits) or Amazon Student. EBT/Medicaid Cardholders can save on Prime Membership here.