DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: The 20% off sitewide when using 1 AMEX or Discover point is still working if you already registered for it before today! If you didn’t use up the maximum $50 of savings you can lock in discounts on gift cards listed below!
The other 5 targeted offers are all still alive and you can still register for them.
Originally posted on 7/14:
Amazon’s Prime Day has begun and it’s the best time to take advantage of targeted promotions. That’s because credit card promotions and the Prime Day savings both take a discount off of the item’s original price, making for some crazy bargains on items like Fire TV Sticks:
Here is what you can check to see if you’re targeted for by clicking to activate the promotions:
- Save 20% off sitewide, up to $50 total discounts, When You Use 1 AMEX Point. (No longer open for registration, but still valid if you already registered)
- Save $30 off $60 When You Use 1 AMEX Point.
- Save $15 off $60 When You Use 1 Chase Point.
- Save 25% Off Select Amazon Devices When You Use 1 AMEX Point
- Save 25% Off Select Amazon Devices When You Use Discover Cashback
- Save $10 off $30 When You Use 1 Discover Point.
- Save 20% off sitewide, up to $50 total discounts, When You Use 1 Discover Point. (No longer open for registration, but still valid if you already registered)
If you are targeted for multiple promotions you’ll automatically get the best offer each time you checkout. The 20% sitewide promotion is valid for multiple uses, until you max out the $50 discount.
If you aren’t targeted you can try:
- Linking your American Express Membership Rewards card to your Amazon account
- Linking your Chase Ultimate Rewards card with your Amazon account here
- Linking your Discover card with your Amazon account here
Be sure to link your cards onto your primary Amazon account and on an Amazon Prime Free Household account, so that both accounts can get targeted.
When you checkout, select your enrolled card, click on “Apply rewards points,” and enter $0.01 to use 1 point to save 1 cent (Don’t use more than 1 point as buying on Amazon only gives a paltry value of 0.7 cents per AMEX point or 0.8 cents per Chase point!):
Gift cards sold by Amazon that work for this promotion include:
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- American Eagle
- Bass Pro Shops
- Best Buy
- Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh
- Dave & Busters
- Eddie Bauer
- Forever 21
- Gap Inc
- Krispy Kreme
- Lands End
- L.L. Bean
- Office Max
- Regal Entertainment
- Sunglass Hut
- Whole Foods
- Ulta Beauty
- Yankee Candle
- And many more
For example here is $250 of Uber gift cards with $50 off with the 20% off AMEX Promo and $0.01 from the 1 point used at checkout:
Eligible AMEX cards that earn Membership Rewards points include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Card Consumer Card
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
Chase cards that earn Ultimate Rewards points include:
- Chase Ink Cash has a 50K signup bonus and earns 5 points per dollar on cable, TV, telecom, cellular, office supply stores, and gift cards (including Amazon gift cards) from office supply stores, plus 2 points per dollar on dining and gas ($0 annual fee).
- Chase Ink Unlimited has a 50K signup bonus and earns 1.5 points per dollar everywhere ($0 annual fee).
- Chase Ink Preferred has a 80K signup bonus and earns 3 points per dollar on shipping, advertising, and travel, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.25 cents each for paid travel ($95 annual fee).
- Chase Sapphire Preferred has a 60K signup bonus, earns 2 points per dollar on dining/travel, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.25 cents each for paid travel ($95 annual fee).
- Chase Sapphire Reserve has a 50K signup bonus, earns 3 points per dollar on dining/travel, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.5 cents each for paid travel ($450 annual fee with $300 travel credit).
- Chase Freedom has a 15K signup bonus and earns 5 points per dollar on rotating categories ($0 annual fee).
- Chase Freedom Unlimited offers 3 points per dollar on up to $20K in spending for the first 12 months and then 1.5 points per dollar spent ($0 annual fee).
Which offers are you targeted for?Amazon offers free shipping with $25+ orders or get free 1 day shipping on all orders with a free trial of Amazon Prime. A prime trial is also free with Amazon Family (which also gets you up to 20% off diapers among other benefits) or Amazon Student. EBT/Medicaid Cardholders can save on Prime Membership here.