Last year Amazon started their own “Black Friday” in July sale that was supposed to have more and better deals than Black Friday itself.
While many claim it was a bust, there were some great deals to be had. Those included $10 off $45 of Amazon Gift Cards, and discounts on Amazon devices like the Echo, fire stick, and Kindle tablets. The category coupons were top also very good with 30% off clothing, shoes, watches, jewelry, accessories, 35% off grocery items, 60% off Element Wipes, and more.
This year we’ve seen an uptick in good deals over the the past week for prime members only such as 6 month magazine subscriptions for just $0.99.
Prime Day starts tonight at 3am EDT, aside from being online when it starts to grab limited time offers, here are some tips for snagging the deals you want.
1. You will need to be an Amazon Prime member. You can sign up for a free trial of Prime here to participate in these deals. A prime trial is also free with Amazon Family (which also gets you 20% off diapers and wipes among other benefits) or Amazon Student.
3. Most of the special Prime Day deals will be featured as Amazon Lightning Deals. The best deals will be claimed very quickly so if you see an item you want add it to your cart the moment it goes live. Once added to your cart you will have 15 minutes to decide whether you want to purchase it or not. If you missed the opportunity to claim something you wanted, join the wait list. You will have to monitor your cart. If the item expires in someone else’s cart, it will then appear in yours and you will have 15 minutes to complete your purchase.
4. Starting at 3am, Get $10 Amazon Credit With A Free 3 Month New Member Audible Trial.
5. Amazon Rewards Visa members can receive $30 off $150+ orders with code: VISA30
7. Amazon Echo owners can receive $10 off one $20+ order placed through Alexa.
These deals are already live:
8. You can order an Amazon Dash Button for $0.99 and receive a one time credit of $4.99 towards your first purchase.
11. Save 20% off Amazon Warehouse deals with codes: WDEARLY20 or WDEARLY.
We’ll be covering the best deals all day long, so if you don’t want to miss out be sure to join the 72,900+ people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com!
You can even have Twitter send you a text message whenever a new deal is posted (just be sure to limit the hours of notifications if you don’t want to get texts in middle of the night!)