- This offer is valid from 10/3 through 11/2
- Your bonus Qmiles will be equivalent to 20% of the number of Qmiles, which your reward points were converted into.
- To view a complete list of banks with which you can convert your reward points into Qmiles, please click here.
- Bonus Qmiles earned will reflect in your Privilege Club account within 30 to 60 days, from the date that the Qmiles which your reward points were converted into, are credited to your Privilege Club account.
The only US bank that transfers points to Qatar is Citi.
Qatar reversed their 2018 devaluation last year, making their miles more valuable.
The cost of a one-way Qatar Qsuites business class award from JFK to Doha has been reduced to 70K miles, or fewer than 59K Citi points with this offer! JFK to the Maldives is 85K and JFK to Cape Town is 95K miles. There are no fuel surcharges.
Qatar QSuites is one of the highest rated business class products around. They can be configured into a closed suite for 1, 2, or even 4 passengers! They even provide delicious Hermolis kosher meals onboard!
Qatar miles expire on 6/30 or 12/31 that occurs more than 36 months after they were earned, regardless of activity. That means points transferred now will expire on 12/31/24.
As always, I wouldn’t recommend transferring points unless you are ready to make a redemption now in the near future.
If you or a friend has one of the following Citi cards, you can transfer points into Qatar at a 1:1 ratio, with a 20% bonus:
- Citi Premier has a record high 80,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 3 points per dollar on airfare, hotels, travel agents, groceries, gas, and dining. $95 annual fee. Read more here.
Citi no-annual fee cards that are fantastic for earning points, but require a Citi Premier card for points transfers include:
- The Citi Double Cash card offers 2% cash back or 2 points per dollar spent everywhere that can be transferred into ThankYou points. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles. No annual fee. Read more here.
- The Citi Custom Cash Card offers 5 points per dollar on up to $500 in purchases in your top eligible spending category each billing cycle. This is marketed as 5% cash back, but will actually come in the form of 5 ThankYou points per dollar spent! Eligible categories include Restaurants, Gas Stations, Grocery Stores, Select Travel, Select Transit, Select Streaming Services, Drugstores, Home Improvement Stores, Fitness Clubs, and Live Entertainment. You will also get 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. No annual fee. Read more here.
- The Citi Rewards+ Card offering 15,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months. This card can’t transfer points on its own, but can transfer points if you have one of the Citi cards above. This card automatically rounds up rewards earned on every purchase to the nearest 10 points, meaning you earn 10 points on a $0.50 Amazon balance reload. Earn 2 points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, and a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles and get a 10% points rebate on transferred or redeemed miles. No annual fee. Read more here.
Will you transfer miles to Qatar?