Chase points normally transfer into Marriott points at a 1K:1K ratio, but until 8/19/22 you can get 1,500 Marriott points for every 1,000 Chase points.
That’s not a particularly good deal. I’d value Marriott points at about 0.65 cents each, so with typical usage you would only get a value of 1 cent per Chase point or so. You can do much better with other transfer or redemption options.
Alternatively, you can click on buy points and login here to spin the wheel and purchase Marriott points with a bonus. I can buy points with a 45% bonus, which comes out to 0.86 cents per point. If you value your Chase points higher than 1.29 cents each (which you should if you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve® card) you may be better off just purchasing Marriott points rather than transferring from Chase, even with a 50% bonus.
If you need some Marriott points for a niche lucrative hotel redemption then it can make sense to transfer or purchase points.
For example a 5 night stay in an overwater villa in the Maldives can be had starting at 217K Marriott points, or 144K Chase points at hotels like the Le Meridien Maldives, Ritz-Carlton Maldives, W Maldives, or S. Regis Maldives, where you can often get outsized value for your points. I’ve stayed at the latter 2 and they are heaven on Earth!
View this post on Instagram
5 nights at The Al Maha Dubai Resort, which has villas with private pools as their base room, all meals included and 2 daily desert activities included can be had for 346K points. Paid rates for 5 nights range from $7,500-$12,500, making for an exceptional value.
If you transfer Marriott points into airline miles at 60K increments you get a 25% bonus, so it can also make sense to transfer if you need a few points to hit a 60K increment.
60K Marriott points converts into 25K airline miles or 27K United miles, so it won’t be worth transferring Chase points just to transfer to an airline as it would take 40,000 Chase points to get 60K Marriott points with this transfer bonus. That is unless you really want miles with a Marriott partner like Aegean, Alaska, American, ANA, Copa, Delta, Etihad, Hawaiian, Korean, LATAM, Qantas, or Turkish that don’t transfer directly from Chase and you’re willing to accept a 40K:25K transfer ratio.
- If you, a member in your household, or an authorized user has one of the following Chase cards, you can transfer points into miles:
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card has an 80K signup bonus ending today at 5:59pm, earns 2.1 points per dollar on travel, 3.1 points per dollar on dining, streaming, and online groceries, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.3 cents each for paid travel or pay yourself back categories ($95 annual fee). Read more here.
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve® card has a 50K signup bonus, earns 3 points per dollar on dining/travel, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.5 cents each for paid travel or pay yourself back categories ($550 annual fee with $300 travel credit). Read more here.
- The Chase Ink Preferred® Card has a 100K signup bonus and earns 3 points per dollar on shipping, advertising, and travel, can transfer all Chase points into miles, and points are worth at least 1.25 cents each for paid travel or pay yourself back categories ($95 annual fee). Read more here.
Chase no-annual fee cards that are fantastic for earning points, but require one of the cards above for points transfers include:
- The Chase Ink Cash® Card has a record high 75K signup bonus and earns 5 points per dollar on cable, TV, telecom, cellular, office supply stores, and gift cards from office supply stores, plus 2 points per dollar on dining and gas ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- The Chase Ink Unlimited® Card has a record high 75K signup bonus and earns 1.5 points per dollar everywhere ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- The Chase Freedom Flex℠ Card has a 20K signup bonus, plus 5 points on rotating categories, 5 points per dollar on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, and 3 points per dollar on dining and drugstores ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Cardearns 3 points per dollar on up to $20K in purchases for 1 year, at least 1.5 points per dollar everywhere, 5 points per dollar on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, and 3 points per dollar on dining and drugstores ($0 annual fee). Read more here.
Chase transfer partners include:
- United (Star Alliance)
- Air Canada (Star Alliance)
- Singapore (Star Alliance)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (Skyteam)
- British Airways (OneWorld)
- Aer Lingus (OneWorld)
- Iberia (OneWorld)
- Virgin Atlantic
Will you transfer any points to Marriott with this promo?