DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
If you received the targeted email (Subject: It’s transfer time! Turn your rewards points into Qantas Points and earn more) you can get 15% bonus points on transfers up to 500K miles, 20% bonus points on transfers between 500,001-1,999,999 miles, and 30% bonus points on transfers of 2MM+ miles between 6/1-6/30.
It can take up to 2 weeks for the bonus miles to post to your Qantas account.
AMEX Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou points transfer to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclay Arrival Premier points transfer to Qantas at a 1.4:1 ratio, and Capital One points transfer to Qantas at a 2:1.5 ratio. You can also transfer Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio, but those don’t qualify for this promotion.
Last time around Citi had a 25% transfer bonus that stacked with this. If you do want to transfer points you may want to wait until the end of the month to see if any stackable transfer bonuses pop up.
- The January and April 2019 version of this promotion offered 15% bonus points up to 500K, 25% bonus points between 500,001-1,999,999, and 40% bonus points on 2MM+ transfers.
- The November 2018 version of this promo offered 15% bonus points up to 500K, 25% bonus points between 500,001-1,999,999, and 45% bonus points on 2MM+ transfers.
- The August 2018 version offered a 20% bonus on all transfers
- The March and June 2018 versions of this promo offered 15% bonus points on transfers up to 350K miles, 25% bonus points on transfers between 350,001-1,249,999 miles, and 40% bonus points on transfers of 1.25MM+ miles.
Just transfer any number of points to Qantas now and you should find yourself targeted for future transfer promotions! I’d expect the next promotion to come around August again and last year that promotion had no minimum transfer requirement! You can transfer 500 AMEX points or 1,000 Citi points to Qantas to try to get targeted for that.
Opt into email subscriptions for “Exclusive offers from our program partners” under “Interests and subscriptions” and be sure to check your emails for future targeted promotions!
- You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points at a 60K:25K ratio.
AMEX cards with transferable Membership Rewards points to Qantas include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595 annual fee, earn 1.5 points per dollar on eligible $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, 1 year WeWork Global Office Space, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- For rates and fees of the AMEX Platinum Business Card, please visit here.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- $250 annual fee, 40K points welcome bonus, $100 in annual airline fee credits, earn up to 4 points per dollar.
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- $550 annual fee, up to 60K points welcome bonus, earn 5 points per dollar on airfare, $200 in annual airline fee credits, up to $200 in annual Uber credit, up to $100 in annual Saks credit, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- $95 annual fee, up to 20K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.5-4.5 points per dollar everywhere with 30+ monthly transactions.
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
- No annual fee, up to 15K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.2-2.4 points per dollar everywhere with 20+ monthly transactions.
Barclays doesn’t currently offer any cards to new customers with transferable points. If you have a discontinued Arrival Premier card you can transfer points.
Capital One cards with transferable points to Qantas include:
- The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business offering 50,000 miles for spending $4,500 in 3 months and 2 miles per dollar spent. Get free Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
- The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offering 50,000 miles for spending $3,000 in 3 months and 2 miles per dollar spent. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
Citi cards with transferable points to Qantas include:
- Citi Premier offering 50,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 3 points per dollar on travel and gas, and 2 points per dollar on dining and entertainment. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
- Citi Prestige offering 50,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 5 points per dollar on airfare and dining, and 3 points per dollar on hotels. $495 annual fee.
Marriott cards with transferable points to Qantas include (Note that Marriott points are ineligible for this promotion):
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express®Card
- All 3 of these cards offer 75K points, elite status, and free annual nights at Marriott hotels.
Are you targeted for this offer? Will you transfer credit card points to Qantas today in order to get targeted in the future?
HT: mochjas, via DDF and davidmal