DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: These offers end tonight! Did you take advantage of any offers?
Originally posted on 10/7:
Marriott is bringing back their week of wonders. There are some decent offers this time around, but I wouldn’t call them wonders.
- “Free nights for up to 33% fewer points”
- Marriott isn’t really offering 33% off, they’re just offering off-peak availability for stays at select hotels only through 10/31. You need to book by 10/14. It’s worth noting that only category 1 off-peak pricing is actually 33% less than standard pricing, it’s 14-20% less in other categories. The stay window for this promotion is laughably short! But if you are traveling this month, you may be able to save a few points by cancelling and rebooking your stay.
- Save on Away Luggage
- Get 30% off away luggage through 10/14 with code: WOWAway21. If you pay with If you use this referral link you can also get $20 off. Don’t forget that Away Luggage also works for Sapphire Preferred and Sapphire Reserve Pay Yourself Back credit.
- Items bought through this are final sale, so use a card with return protection like the Blue Cash Preferred AMEX, AMEX Platinum, Marriott Brilliant AMEX, Delta Reserve AMEX, Hilton Aspire AMEX, or Chase Sapphire Reserve. AMEX return protection is valid for $300 (after discounts, before tax) in refunds per item and $1,000 per year per card. In most cases, AMEX allows cardholders to keep items that are refunded via return protection, though occasionally they give a prepaid return label to ship it back. Chase return protection is valid for $500 per item and $1,000 per year per card and required the cardholder to return the item at their own expense.
- Save on Partner Airline, Cruise, and Car Rentals Partners
- Some decent offers to save on Hertz, Air Canada, United, and more.
- 2K bonus points on paid stays
- Marriott Cardholders earn 2,000 points if they book a stay between 10/7-10/14 and stay by 11/21. You’ll need to rebook stays if you already booked previously. This stacks on top of the current Marriott Q4 promotion.
- Get a $50 gift card for every $200 spent on Marriott Boutiques.
- Save on hotel beds and amenities at home. Back in the SPG days it was easy to get 40% off these typically overpriced items…
- Save 25% off paid rates with Marriott Getaways.
- Savings comes off the regular rate, and not off discounted rates, so be sure to compare prices. The discount is 15% off at all-inclusives.
- 55% bonus when you buy Marriott points.
- Elites can buy points for 0.81 cents. I value them at about 0.65 cents, so this isn’t much of a deal unless you have a specific use for redemption that will exceed the value of the points.
- Bid on Marriott Moments
- Just not the same without the ability to use points to throw out the first pitch before game 7 of the World Series.
- Stay at Marriott Homes & Villas and get triple points
- Book by 10/21 to earn triple points on paid stays at Marriott home rentals.
- Stay 2 nights at select hotels and get a $300 hotel credit
- Book by 10/14, stay by 1/17.
- Earn A Record High 150,000 Points And A Free 85K Award Night On The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX
- Get A Record High 125,000 Points And A Free 50K Award Night When You Signup For The Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card
- Earn A Record High 125,000 Points And Two 50K Award Nights On The Marriott Bonvoy Business AMEX, Plus: Where You Can Use The Free Nights
Here is what off-peak awards cost:
|Hotel Category||Award Chart||Cash + Points Chart||Pointsavers Chart|
|Category 1||5,000 off-peak|
|$55+1,500 (1.57 cpp) off-peak|
$55+3,500 (1.38 cpp) standard
$55+4,500 (1 cpp) peak
|Category 2||10,000 off-peak|
|$65+4,000 (1.08 cpp) off-peak|
$65+6,000 (1 cpp) standard
$65+7,000 (0.81 cpp) peak
|Category 3||15,000 off-peak|
|$80+6,000 (0.89 cpp) off-peak|
$80+8,500 (0.89 cpp) standard
$80+9,500 (0.76 cpp) peak
|Category 4||20,000 off-peak|
|$105+8,000 (0.88 cpp) off-peak|
$105+12,000 (0.8 cpp)
$105+15,000 (0.7 cpp) peak
|Category 5||30,000 off-peak|
|$140+13,500 (0.85 cpp) off-peak|
$140+17,000 (0.78 cpp)
$140+21,000 (0.74 cpp) peak
|Category 6||40,000 off-peak|
|$190+19,000 (0.9 cpp) off-peak|
$190+25,000 (0.76 cpp)
$190+30,000 (0.63 cpp) peak
|Category 7||50,000 off-peak|
|$250+25,000 (1 cpp) off-peak|
$250+30,000 (0.83 cpp)
$250+40,000 (0.83 cpp) peak
|Category 8||70,000 off-peak|
|$440+27,500 (1.04 cpp) off-peak|
$440+42,500 (1.04 cpp)
$440+57,500 (1.04 cpp) peak
Will you take advantage of any of these offers?