An IHG account is required, you can join here for free.
IHG normally sells points directly for 1.15 cents each. You can also transfer points from Chase, but that’s a criminal use of Chase points.
Points are on sale through 9/24 for just 1 cent each and IHG will also double all the points you purchase. To get the lowest rate (.5 cents per point) you’ll need to purchase at least 26K points which will be doubled to 52K points for $260. Of course you’ll also earn points on your credit card which will make the effective rate less than .5 cents per point.
You can purchase 100K points per member per year, so you can get up to 200K points with this promotion which would cost $1,000.
For a limited time only, the Chase IHG Premier card is offering 125,000 points points for spending $3,000 in 3 months. The card comes with an annual certificate good for a free stay in IHG hotels that cost up to 40K points.
Note that IHG points require activity every 12 months, but you can just redeem for a hotel award and then cancel it to extend the expiration for another 12 months!
IHG runs PointBreaks which allows you to book rooms at rotating hotels starting at just 5,000 points per night. That’s just $25 for a room if you buy points at .5 cents each. Those hotels rotate every couple of months.
Plus you don’t pay tax on award nights.
There are also good values to be had at high-end properties in NYC, London, Paris etc. For example an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora can go for as much as $1,000 with tax but costs just 70K points. That’s just $350 at .5 cents per point.
If you have the Chase IHG Premier card you’ll also get every 4th award night for free.
That means 4 nights at a top-tier hotel would cost 210K points, or an average of 52,500 points per night. Those points will cost $262.50 with this promotion.
If you have both the IHG Select card and the IHG Premier card you’ll get every 4th award night free AND a 10% rebate on award nights!
There are several IHG hotels in Israel. They won’t necessarily be a deal with this promotion, but they may be depending on the price of your desired travel dates. Prices below are based per night on a 4 night stay for IHG Premier Cardholders or for a regular one night stay.
- Crowne Plaza Jerusalem: 15K-20K ($75-$100)
- Crowne Plaza Eilat: 15K-20K ($75-$100)
- Crowne Plaza Dead Sea: 18,750-25K ($93.75-$125)
- Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv Diamond District: 18,750-25K ($93.75-$125)
- Crowne Plaza Haifa: 22,250-30K ($111.25-$150)
- Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach: 22,250-30K ($111.25-$150)
- Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center: 22,250-30K ($111.25-$150)
- InterContinental David Tel Aviv: 37.5K-50K ($187.50-$250)
- Jerusalem’s newest luxury hotel will also be an IHG hotel.
- Starting next year you will be able to use IHG points for Mr. and Mrs. Smith hotels. In Tel Aviv they have The Normal and the Cucu Hotels.
Will you buy IHG points at this rate?