DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Qantas is back with another targeted transfer bonus.
If you received the targeted email (Subject: Transfer now for 20% bonus Qantas Points) you can get a 20% bonus when you transfer credit card points to Qantas through 12/30.
Bonus points will post by 1/15/20.
You can transfer points from AMEX, Barclays, Capital One, or Citi to Qantas with this offer.
Last month the 15-25% transfer bonus turned out to be stackable on top of the 20% AMEX transfer bonus, but there are no stackable offers now.
Qantas now partners with Air France/KLM Flying Blue for more reward flight options, though they add fuel surcharges for those flights.
You can use 37.8K Qantas points in coach, 70,800 Qantas points in premium economy, or 90K Qantas points in business for a one-way ticket on El Al between NYC and Tel Aviv without fuel surcharges, but El Al does block some of the space on the route:
- Everything You Need To Know About Booking El Al Awards With Qantas!
- How Bad Is El Al’s Blocking Of Business Class Award Space For Partner Airlines?
Want to be targeted for a similar promotion in the future? Qantas targets people who have previously made mileage transfers from credit cards to Qantas for transfer bonuses 4-6 times per year.
Be sure to opt into email subscriptions for “Exclusive offers from our program partners” under “Interests and subscriptions” and be sure to check your emails for future targeted promotions!
- The September and November 2019 version of this promotion offered 15% bonus points up to 500K, and 25% bonus points on transfers of 500,001+.
- The June 2019 version of this promotion offered 15% bonus points up to 500K, 20% bonus points between 500,001-1,999,999, and 30% bonus points on 2MM+ transfers.
- The January and April 2019 version of this promotion offered 15% bonus points up to 500K, 25% bonus points between 500,001-1,999,999, and 40% bonus points on 2MM+ transfers.
- The November 2018 version of this promo offered 15% bonus points up to 500K, 25% bonus points between 500,001-1,999,999, and 45% bonus points on 2MM+ transfers.
- The August 2018 version offered a 20% bonus on all transfers
- The March and June 2018 versions of this promo offered 15% bonus points on transfers up to 350K miles, 25% bonus points on transfers between 350,001-1,249,999 miles, and 40% bonus points on transfers of 1.25MM+ miles.
Want to earn Qantas points?
- You can transfer AMEX Or Citi points to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Qantas at a 60K:25K ratio.
AMEX cards with transferable Membership Rewards points to Qantas include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- No annual fee, earns 2 points per dollar spent everywhere on up to $50K in annual spending. Rates and fees.
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595 annual fee, earn 1.5 points per dollar on eligible $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, 1 year WeWork Global Office Space, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access. Rates and fees.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- $295 annual fee, 25% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, earn 4 points per dollar on your most common spending categories each billing cycle. Rates and fees.
Barclays doesn’t currently offer any cards to new customers with transferable points. If you have a discontinued Arrival Premier card you can transfer points.
Capital One cards with transferable points to Qantas include:
- The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business offering 50,000 miles for spending $5,000 in 3 months and another 150,000 miles for spending another $45,000 within 6 months, for a potential signup bonus of 200,000 points+100,000 base points! Get free Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
- The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offering 50,000 miles for spending $3,000 in 3 months and 2 miles per dollar spent. Get free Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
Citi cards with transferable points to Qantas include:
- Citi Premier offering 60,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 3 points per dollar on travel and gas, and 2 points per dollar on dining and entertainment. $95 annual fee.
- Citi Prestige offering 50,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 5 points per dollar on airfare and dining, and 3 points per dollar on hotels. $495 annual fee.
- The Citi Rewards+ Card offering 15,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months. This card can’t transfer points on its own, but can transfer points if you have one of the Citi cards above. This card automatically rounds up rewards earned on every purchase to the nearest 10 points, meaning you earn 10 points on a $0.50 Amazon balance reload. Earn 2 points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, and a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles or get a 25% added value for paid airfare, plus get a 10% points rebate on transferred or redeemed miles. No annual fee.
Marriott cards with transferable points to Qantas include:
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express®Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Card
- Here is a comparison of all Marriott cards.
Will you transfer any points with this promotion?