DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: Most of these offers end tomorrow!
Originally posted on 9/1:
While AMEX is usually pretty good about offering transfer bonuses when you transfer points into miles, usually they offer just 1 or 2 bonuses per month.
But last September they offered transfer bonuses to 12 airline and hotel partners, and they are doing it again this month!
As always, I don’t recommend transferring bank points into miles unless you are going to redeem those miles now or in the near future as programs can devalue at any time and you lose the flexibility that bank points offer once they’re transferred.
The 30% Virgin Atlantic bonus stands out as a very compelling offer, with good rates for booking travel on Delta to Europe and Israel for example.
If you’re able to travel to Israel, the Qantas offer is good for El Al travel, but always check on availability before transferring. The Air Canada and Lifemiles offers are good for short-haul travel and for travel on United to Israel. The Hilton offer can be worthwhile for hotels in Israel as well, though availability is not what it used to be.
You can currently get a bonus with 12 different transfer partners. I’ve included links to previous posts where I highlight some of the best redemption options from each program.
- Hilton: 30% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:2.6K transfer ratio.
- Marriott: 20% bonus through 10/31 for a 1K:1.2K transfer ratio.
- Choice Privileges: 25% bonus through 10/31 for a 1K:1.25K transfer ratio.
- You can use these points for hotel stays, but note that Citi always transfers to Choice at a 1K:2K ratio.
- Aer Lingus Avios: 25% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:1.25K transfer ratio.
- BA Avios: 25% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:1.25K transfer ratio.
- Aeromexico: 20% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:1.92K transfer ratio.
- This is not a historically rewarding mileage program, but post a comment if you find any bargains.
- Air Canada Aeroplan: 15% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:1.15K transfer ratio.
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue: 25% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:1.25K transfer ratio.
- Avianca Lifemiles: 15% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:1.15K transfer ratio.
- Hawaiian: 20% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:1.2K transfer ratio.
- Qantas: 20% bonus through 9/30 for a 500:600 transfer ratio.
- Virgin Atlantic: 30% bonus through 9/30 for a 1K:1.3K transfer ratio.
AMEX cards with transferable Membership Rewards points include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- AMEX Green Consumer Card
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
Will you transfer any points to airlines or hotels with these offers?
Leave a Reply
7 Comments On "[Ends Tomorrow!] AMEX Offering Transfer Bonuses With 12 Airline And Hotel Partners!"
All opinions expressed below are user generated and the opinions aren’t provided, reviewed or endorsed by any advertiser or DansDeals.
I just had to cancel an Air France award flight and was charged 50 Euros (booking page also said this would be charged for change or cancellation). You link o a page that says otherwise?
qantas has el al availability? seems so dry?
Typically, mid-week day flights.
Aeromexico means you could fly their business rtw ticket for under 1850 Amex points, with no limit for how many miles you fly.
I just transferred Amex to Virgin 1 week ago….anything i can do?
yea, you could cry
Do you need to enroll in order to benefit from the offer? Or is it automatic for everyone?