DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
Originally posted on 3/18:
Earn 100,000 Points Plus $150 Back On The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
Limited time welcome bonus:
- For a limited time only, you can earn 100K Marriott bonus points plus $150 back for opening the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card and spending $5,000 in 3 months.
Other Marriott Limited Time Bonus Offers:
Comparison to previous welcome bonus:
The standard welcome bonus is 75K points.
Welcome bonus terms:
You won’t get the welcome bonus on this card if:
- You have or had an active Chase Marriott business card in the past 30 days.
- You were approved for a Chase Marriott Boundless or Chase Marriott Bold in the past 90 days.
- You received a signup bonus for a Chase Marriott Boundless or Chase Marriott Bold in the past 24 months.
- You have or previously had this card or the Starwood Business AMEX.
- 2 points per dollar everywhere
- 4 points per dollar at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott hotels.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
You’ll need to spend $5,000 on this card within 3 months.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.96% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
Airline transfer bonus:
You can transfer increments of 60K Marriott points into 25K airline miles or 27.5K miles with United.
Additionally, airlines often have their own bonuses for hotel point transfers.
Marriott has dozens of valuable airline transfer partners, such as Aegean, Alaska, American, JAL, Qantas, and dozens more!
Miles from these airlines can be very valuable and hard to get from other sources. For example JAL miles allow you to book awards on Emirates, AA, and BA with discounted or no fuel surcharges as well as mileage bargains. Alaska miles opens up bargains on airlines like Cathay Pacific and Qantas with no fuel surcharges and they allow 2 free stopovers on awards.
Earn statement credits at stores that you register for in your AMEX account.
- An additional year of warranty coverage, double the original manufacturers warranty, and if you have any issue in the extended warranty year they’ll pay to have it fixed or refund your entire purchase price without a hassle. This benefit is far more valuable than warranty benefits offered by other banks.
- If you need to dispute a charge there’s nobody who makes it easier or as pain-free as American Express does. It’s the easiest dispute resolution process in the industry by leaps and bounds and you can do it all online.
- If your item is stolen or broken within 90 days you’ll be covered.
- Complimentary Shoprunner 2 day free shipping and return shipping on hundreds of websites.
- Secondary car rental CDW protection worldwide and primary available for $19.95/rental.
Premium Internet Access:
Cardholders get free premium in-room internet at Marriott hotels.
This card offers Silver Elite status, which gives 10% bonus points, late checkout, and more.
If you spend $35K/year you will earn Gold elite status, which gives 25% bonus points, late checkout, room upgrades, a points amenity on paid and award stays, and more.
You’ll also get 15 elite night credits for having the card.
You can get 15 elite night credits for having a Marriott consumer card and 15 elite night credits for having a Marriott business card, for a total of 30 elite nights. You can combine those nights with promotional nights to reach higher elite tiers.
You can’t get 2 sets of 15 elite night credits if you only have consumer or only have business cards.
Business vs Consumer card:
This business card offers several 4 point per dollar spending categories, something that is not offered on Marriott consumer cards.
While general spending is no longer as lucrative as it was with the old Starwood AMEX that earned 3 Marriott points per dollar, you can earn more than you were able to with the old Starwood card in U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
AMEX business cards don’t appear on your credit report. That’s good for several reasons.
First of all they won’t count against your 5/24 count for opening new Chase cards. Only cards on your report that have been opened within the past 24 months count for that.
Second, when you spend money on personal cards your credit score will be hurt even if you pay your bill on time. A whopping 30% of your credit score is based on credit utilization. You can pay off your card bill before your statement is generated to avoid that, but that takes effort and laying out money well before you have to. Additionally it’s good to have the statement close with a couple dollars to show the card is active and being paid every month. On an AMEX business card it’s just not reported, so you can wait until the money is due without it having a negative effect on your score.
Third, if you close a business card it won’t ever have an effect on your score.
You may already have a business that needs a card to keep track of expenses. For example if your name is Joe Smith and you sell items online, or if you have any other side business and want a credit card to better keep track of business expenditures you can open a business credit card for “Joe Smith” as the business. You don’t need to file any messy government paperwork to be allowed to do that.
Just be sure to select “Sole Proprietorship” as the business type and just use your social security number in the Tax Identification Number field
You will receive a free night upon every card anniversary valid at hotels that cost up to 35K points. Anniversary nights expire 12 months after they post to your account.
If you spend $60,000 in a calendar year you will receive an additional free night within 8-12 weeks of completing the spend requirement. The free night is also valid at hotels that cost up to 35K points. Bonus nights expire 12 months after they post to your account.
Marriott Award Chart:
This is what the current Marriott award chart looks like.
Anniversary nights are good up to 35K points and can be used at category 1-4 hotels on all dates and at category 5 hotels on off-peak or standard dates.
|Hotel Category||Award Chart||Cash + Points Chart||Pointsavers Chart|
|Category 1||5,000 off-peak|
|$55+1,500 (1.57 cpp) off-peak|
$55+3,500 (1.38 cpp) standard
$55+4,500 (1 cpp) peak
|Category 2||10,000 off-peak|
|$65+4,000 (1.08 cpp) off-peak|
$65+6,000 (1 cpp) standard
$65+7,000 (0.81 cpp) peak
|Category 3||15,000 off-peak|
|$80+6,000 (0.89 cpp) off-peak|
$80+8,500 (0.89 cpp) standard
$80+9,500 (0.76 cpp) peak
|Category 4||20,000 off-peak|
|$105+8,000 (0.88 cpp) off-peak|
$105+12,000 (0.8 cpp)
$105+15,000 (0.7 cpp) peak
|Category 5||30,000 off-peak|
|$140+13,500 (0.85 cpp) off-peak|
$140+17,000 (0.78 cpp)
$140+21,000 (0.74 cpp) peak
|Category 6||40,000 off-peak|
|$190+19,000 (0.9 cpp) off-peak|
$190+25,000 (0.76 cpp)
$190+30,000 (0.63 cpp) peak
|Category 7||50,000 off-peak|
|$250+25,000 (1 cpp) off-peak|
$250+30,000 (0.83 cpp)
$250+40,000 (0.83 cpp) peak
|Category 8||70,000 off-peak|
|$440+27,500 (1.04 cpp) off-peak|
$440+42,500 (1.04 cpp)
$440+57,500 (1.04 cpp) peak
Sample hotels where you can use your anniversary or bonus night:
- Anchorage Marriott Downtown
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- W Atlanta – Downtown
- Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
- Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
- AC Hotel Boston Downtown
- Aloft Boston Seaport District
- Aloft New York Brooklyn
- New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
- Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
- W Chicago – Lakeshore
- Metropolitan at The 9, Autograph Collection, Cleveland
- Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
- The Westin Southfield Detroit
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
- The Westin Resort Guam
- Courtyard King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, Hawaii
- JW Marriott Houston Downtown
- Courtyard Key Largo
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
- Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
- Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott
- Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
- New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
- Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
- Aloft Miami Aventura
- Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
- AC Hotel Miami Beach
- Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
- Residence Inn Miami Beach South Beach
- Residence Inn Miami Beach Surfside
- Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
- The MC Hotel, Autograph Collection, Montclair, NJ
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Moxy New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area
- Aloft Manhattan Downtown – Financial District, New York
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, New York
- New York Marriott Downtown
- Grand Bohemian Hotel, Autograph Collection, Orlando
- Courtyard Palm Springs
- Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
- Park City Marriott
- Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town
- Westin San Diego
- Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
- The Opus, Westchester, NY (Previously Ritz-Carlton)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Virgin Zion National Park
- Park Tower, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Courtyard Aruba Resort, Aruba
- W Brisbane, Australia
- Melbourne Marriott Hotel, Australia
- The Westin Melbourne, Australia
- The Westin Perth, Australia
- Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, Australia
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection, Australia
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia
- The Westin Sydney, Australia
- Das Triest, Vienna, a Member of Design Hotels, Austria
- JW Marriott Absheron Baku, Azerbaijan
- Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, Brazil
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Delta Hotels Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, Canada
- Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, Canada
- Courtyard Niagara Falls, Canada
- Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, Canada
- The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, Canada
- W Santiago, Chile
- JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, China
- The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, China
- The S. Regis Beijing, China
- The S. Regis Chengdu, China
- JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square, China
- The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, China
- The S. Regis Shanghai Jingan, China
- The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, China
- The S. Regis Shenzhen, China
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Wuhan, China
- Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, Costa Rica
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
- Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort
- Courtyard Prague City, Czech Republic
- Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco, France
- Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel, Paris, France
- La Caserne Chanzy Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, Reims, France
- Athens Marriott Hotel, Greece
- Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu, Greece
- Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
- Mira Moon Hong Kong, a Member of Design Hotels
- The S. Regis Mumbai, India
- AC Hotel Firenze, Florence, Italy
- STRAF, Milan, a Member of Design Hotels, Italy
- Courtyard Rome Central Park, Italy
- Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection, Herzliya, Israel
- Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, Japan
- Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel, Japan
- Hotel Pacai, Vilnius, a Member of Design Hotels, Lithuania
- Courtyard Vilnius City Center, Lithuania
- JW Marriott Hotel Macau
- The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, Malaysia
- The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius
- Marriott Cancun Resort, Mexico
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico
- The Westin Cozumel, Mexico
- Le Méridien Mexico City
- Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Netherlands
- The Slaak Rotterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Netherlands
- Four Points by Sheraton Auckland, New Zealand
- W Panama
- JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Peru
- Sheraton Manila Bay, Philippines
- Lisbon Marriott Hotel, Portugal
- S. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
- Trump Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
- Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
- Sheraton Towers Singapore
- The Westin Cape Town, South Africa
- The Westin Chosun Seoul, South Korea
- Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel, Switzerland
- Sheraton Zurich Hotel, Switzerland
- Hotel Proverbs Taipei, a Member of Design Hotels, Taiwan
- Taipei Marriott Hotel, Taiwan
- JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, Thailand
- The S. Regis Bangkok, Thailand
- Le Méridien Chiang Mai, Thailand
- JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Marriott’s Mai Khao Beach – Phuket, Thailand
- The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, Turkey
- W Abu Dhabi – Yas Island, UAE
- The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, UAE
- Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, UAE
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, UK
- Residence Inn London Kensington, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, UK
- JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam
Will you apply for this limited time offer? Where will you use your anniversary nights?