- Discoverist – 5 nights instead of 10 nights.
- Explorist –15 nights instead of 30 nights.
- Globalist –30 nights instead of 60 nights.
If you apply for the Chase World of Hyatt card by 12/31/20, you will receive 10 elite qualifying night credits for 2020 and 10 elite qualifying night credits for 2021, so you can earn Globalist with just 20 stays!
Plus all stays at Hyatt hotels from 10/1/20-12/31/21 count for both 2020 and 2021 status.
Cardholders also receive 5 elite qualifying nights annually, so those thresholds will be even easier to reach. You can also earn 2 elite qualifying nights with every $5,000 spending on the Chase World of Hyatt card and you can earn bonus anniversary nights with spending as well.
If you spend $50,000 on a new Chase World of Hyatt card in 2021 you would earn Globalist status through 2/28/23 via 20 elite qualifying nights from spending and 10 elite qualifying nights with a new card. Plus you would get an anniversary night, a bonus anniversary night for $15K spending, and a 3rd free night for the 30 night milestone tier!
Unfortunately, milestone rewards will not be changing, so you’ll still need to get 50 or 60 nights to get confirmed suite upgrades, a free systemwide night, and a personal concierge. But Globalists still get suites at checkin, free lounge access, free breakfast, waived resort fees on all stays, waived parking fees on award stays, 4pm late checkout, 30% bonus points, and Globalists can share their Globalist benefits on award stays with their friends and family. I even have American Executive Platinum status thanks to being Globalist!
Hyatt is also extending several promotions:
Incentives on paid stays:
- Triple points, starting with your first stay, from 10/1/20
-1/4/21now through 2/28/21 at all hotels worldwide. Registration will close on 1/15. You will get bonus points for any stay with a checkout date of 10/1/20-2/28/21, regardless of when it was booked. You can earn up to 150K bonus points with this promo.
- If you have a Hyatt or World of Hyatt credit card then you’ll get quadruple points at 160 participating Hyatt resort properties, 200 SLH properties, and a handful of MGM Resort Destinations. You can earn up to 75K additional bonus points with this promo.
- Hyatt normally awards 5 points per dollar spent, so you’ll earn 15 points per dollar spent with this promo or 20 points per dollar if you are a cardholder at select hotels. Additionally, elites will earn their standard 0.5-1.5 points per dollar spent and Chase World Of Hyatt Credit Cardholders also earn 4 points per dollar spent on their card. As a Globalist cardholder, I could earn 25.5 points per dollar spent at select hotels, which is equal to a whopping 41% rebate at a value of 1.6 cents per point. That’s pretty incredible, though I was really hoping to see a return of Faster Free Nights as hotels try to incentivize people back to travel!
Rebate on award stays:
- Hyatt is also currently offering 15% points rebate on award stays through
10/8now through 2/28/21!. If you have a Hyatt or World of Hyatt credit card then you’ll get a 25% points rebate. There are some amazing bargains on regular awards, plus insane deals on suites and premium suite awards that have been added online.
- Registration for this promo is now valid through 1/15. See this post for registration links.