Lots of IHG hotels are getting more expensive and a smaller number will become less expensive with this year’s changes that will go into effect tomorrow.
No hotels in Israel are changing categories.
You can book hotel stays for the next year at the old rates tonight. Most hotels will allow you to cancel for free until a couple of days before the stay, so it can be worth reserving stays if you think you might be able to make them work.
The Chase IHG Premier card is offering 80,000 points for signing up and spending $2,000 in 3 months.
The card comes with an annual certificate good for a free stay in IHG hotels that cost up to 40K points.
IHG points will not expire for as long as you remain a cardholder.
You can get the signup bonus as long as you haven’t received an IHG signup bonus within the past 24 months.
If you have the new IHG Premier credit card you’ll also get Platinum status and every 4th award night for free!
If you have both the IHG Select card and the IHG Premier card you’ll get every 4th award night free AND a 10% rebate on award nights!
The IHG Premier card also comes with free Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check.
Sample hotels becoming more expensive:
- Holiday Inn Amsterdam, was 25K, now 30K
- InterContinental Presidente Mexico City, was 30K, now 35K
- InterContinental Berlin, was 35K, now 40K
- InterContinental Budapest, was 35K, now 40K
- Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East, was 35K, now 40K
- Crowne Plaza London – Kings Cross, was 35K, now 40K
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport, was 35K, now 40K
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort Kissimmee, was 35K, now 40K
- Holiday Inn Express Waikiki Honolulu, was 35K, now 40K
- Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, was 35K, now 40K
- InterContinental Toronto Centre, was 40K, now 45K
- Kimpton S. George Hotel, was 40K, now 45K
- InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, was 40K, now 45K
- InterContinental Kansas City At The Plaza, was 40K, now 45K
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives, was 40K, now 45K
- Holiday Inn Miami Beach-Oceanfront, was 40K, now 45K
- Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District, was 40K, now 45K
- InterContinental Montreal, was 45K, now 50K
- InterContinental Porto, was 45K, now 50K
- Crowne Plaza Seattle-Downtown, was 45K, now 50K
- InterContinental Tokyo Bay, was 50K, now 55K
- InterContinental Dublin, was 50K, now 55K
- Hotel Indigo San Diego-Gaslamp Quarter, was 50K, now 55K
- Kimpton Amsterdam, was 50K, now 55K
- InterContinental Sydney Australia, was 60K, now 65K
- InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, was 60K, now 65K
Sample hotels becoming less expensive:
- Holiday Inn Cape Town, was 20K, now 15K
- InterContinental Mendoza Argentina, was 25K, now 20K
- InterContinental Shanghai Expo, was 30K, now 25K
- InterContinental Hanoi, was 35K, now 30K
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore, was 40K, now 35K
- Kimpton Angler’s Hotel South Beach, was 60K, now 55K
Will you book any hotels before they go up in cost?