Update: This promotion ends today! Which hotels have you booked at off-peak rates?
- Earn Up To 125,000 Points On The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX, Plus Get Platinum Elite Status!
- Earn 100,000 Points On The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card, Plus Get Platinum Elite Status!
Hyatt continues to offer big rebates on award stays and huge benefits to members during the pandemic, but where are the other chains?
Marriott’s award pricing has been using standard and peak pricing, despite sustained hotel occupancy being lower than ever before.
In October, Marriott priced all hotel rooms at off-peak rates if you booked for a close-in stay.
Marriott is back with that offer, though 10% of their hotels have opted out of offering off-peak rates.
If you book awards by 12/14 for travel through 2/28, you can get off-peak pricing at most hotels
It’s a good offer, but I wish the booking window was longer. Quite frankly, all hotels worldwide ought to be off-peak for the foreseeable future.
Here is what Marriott off-peak awards cost:
|Hotel Category||Award Chart||Cash + Points Chart||Pointsavers Chart|
|Category 1||5,000 off-peak|
|$55+1,500 (1.57 cpp) off-peak|
$55+3,500 (1.38 cpp) standard
$55+4,500 (1 cpp) peak
|Category 2||10,000 off-peak|
|$65+4,000 (1.08 cpp) off-peak|
$65+6,000 (1 cpp) standard
$65+7,000 (0.81 cpp) peak
|Category 3||15,000 off-peak|
|$80+6,000 (0.89 cpp) off-peak|
$80+8,500 (0.89 cpp) standard
$80+9,500 (0.76 cpp) peak
|Category 4||20,000 off-peak|
|$105+8,000 (0.88 cpp) off-peak|
$105+12,000 (0.8 cpp)
$105+15,000 (0.7 cpp) peak
|Category 5||30,000 off-peak|
|$140+13,500 (0.85 cpp) off-peak|
$140+17,000 (0.78 cpp)
$140+21,000 (0.74 cpp) peak
|Category 6||40,000 off-peak|
|$190+19,000 (0.9 cpp) off-peak|
$190+25,000 (0.76 cpp)
$190+30,000 (0.63 cpp) peak
|Category 7||50,000 off-peak|
|$250+25,000 (1 cpp) off-peak|
$250+30,000 (0.83 cpp)
$250+40,000 (0.83 cpp) peak
|Category 8||70,000 off-peak|
|$440+27,500 (1.04 cpp) off-peak|
$440+42,500 (1.04 cpp)
$440+57,500 (1.04 cpp) peak
- Marriott’s Villas at Doral in Miami has 2 bedroom villas with a full kitchen as their base room. Guests can also take the free hotel shuttle to the Trump Doral next door, with access to all Trump Doral amenities and pools. As a category 5 hotel on Pointsaver special, they were previously charging 37.5K points/night in January, which made it ineligible for Marriott credit card nights that cap out at 35K points. Now they have rooms at Pointsaver off-peak rate of 27.5K points per night or just 22K points/night with a 5 night stay!
- The Habtoor Grand Resort Dubai, which features a full kosher menu, was previously charging 60K points/night in January as a category 6 hotel, is now 40K points/night or 32K points/night with a 5 night stay!
- The Al Maha Dubai Resort, which has villas with private pools as their base room, all meals included and 2 daily desert activates include, was previously charging 100K points/night in January as a category 8 hotel, is now 70K points/night or 56K points/night with a 5 night stay!
- The JW Marriott Turnberry Resort in Aventura, FL, which features a full waterpark included with hotel stays, was previously charging 60K points/night in January as a category 6 hotel, is now 40K points/night or 32K points/night with a 5 night stay!
- The S. Regis Bal Harbour Resort was previously charging 100K points/night in January as a category 8 hotel, is now 70K points/night or 56K points/night with a 5 night stay!
- The S. Regis Bora Bora Resort was previously charging 100K points/night in December as a category 8 hotel, is now 70K points/night or 56K points/night with a 5 night stay!
Post what hotel deals you find!