Update, 7/26: New York residents can now renew and enroll in Global Entry!
Update, 7/23: The Department of Homeland Security announced that thanks to modifications to the NY law, it will lift its ban that previously restricted NY residents from applying for Global Entry!
Note that while the ban has been lifted, it’s not yet live for NY applications. I’ll update this post when it’s live.
- You can get it for free by applying with cards like:
- Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Chase IHG Premier
- Chase United Explorer
- Chase United Club Infinite Card
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (including on free secondary cards!)
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card (including on free secondary cards!)
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express®Card
- Delta Platinum Business AMEX
- Delta Reserve Business AMEX
- Delta Platinum AMEX
- Delta Reserve AMEX
- Citi Prestige
- And more!
Originally posted on 2/5:
Fox News is reporting that Department of Homeland Security is closing the Global Entry program and other Trusted Traveler Programs in New York in response to NYC declaring itself a sanctuary city with their “Green Light Law” and awarding driver’s licences without verifying immigration status.
As a result, New York State residents will no longer eligible to enroll or re-enroll in select TTPs — including Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST. However current enrollees can continue to use those services until expiration.
It appears that NY residents can still enroll in Pre-Check.
NY residents can also use the Mobile Passport app as an alternative to Global Entry.
NY residents, will you try you get a driver’s license from another state to get Global Entry?
HT: Zalmy Silver