And now United Premier members (who had status as of 4/19) can register to pick one of the following 3 promotions.
- Welcome-back Bonus PQP
- United is offering an option for eligible Premier members to earn up to 25% of the outright PQPs required for their current status level with the Welcome-back Bonus PQP offer. Combined with the 25% PQP deposit that United gave members at the start of this year, members who choose this option will have the opportunity to earn half of the PQP-only requirement to requalify for their status level.
- Only the first three PQP-eligible Trips taken during the Promotional Period will be eligible for a PQP bonus under this offer.
- “Trip” is defined as a unique travel itinerary that includes at least one PQP-eligible flight segment operated by United or United Express
- A Trip’s first flight segment must begin no earlier than April 29, 2021 to be eligible.
- A Trip does not need to be completed prior to the end of the Promotional Period to qualify, but a United or United Express flight segment must be completed within the Promotional Period for the Trip to be eligible.
- Trips booked before the beginning of the Promotional Period that are otherwise eligible will qualify for this offer. Trips made during the Promotional Period but before offer selection will qualify.
- Travel that is not otherwise eligible for earning PQP (such as award flights) will not count towards fulfillment of a Trip for this offer.
- Easy PQP
- Premier members who aren’t planning any travel before July 27, 2021 can choose to receive a 10% deposit of the outright PQP requirement for their current status level with the Easy PQP option. PQP will be awarded as follows: Premier Silver – 350 PQP, Premier Gold – 700 PQP, Premier Platinum – 1,000 PQP and Premier 1K – 1,500 PQP.
- Bonus Miles Through MileagePlus X
- Eligible U.S.-based Premier members who prefer to save up for their next trip can choose to earn double miles (up to 10,000 bonus miles total) on all transactions made with MileagePlus X.
- You need to register by 11:59pm CT on 5/13. If you don’t register by then, you’ll be automatically enrolled in the Welcome-back Bonus PQP offer. You can’t change the offer you enroll in.
- The promo period runs from 4/29-7/27.
When I logged into to my account I got the following offers:
- If you’ll fly even 1 paid United flight segment by 7/27 and want to requalify for status, then the welcome back promo is a no-brainer. As 1 segment counts as a trip, you’ll want to book one-way instead of round-trip travel. Status earned now will expire on 1/31/23.
- If you will fly later this year but not by 7/27, and want to requalify for status, go for the Easy PQP promo.
- And if you have no intention of requalifying for United status, go for the MileagePlusX bonus.
Which bonus will you choose?