United’s Polaris lounges offer international business class passengers premium drinks, food, shower rooms, nap rooms, and more. They’re a real step up from the other lounges operated by US airlines.
They’re located in Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, and San Francisco. Future Polaris lounges are expected in Washington DC, Hong Kong, London, and Tokyo.
The lounges have been closed since 3/18/20 due to the pandemic.
I loved the Polaris Lounge in Chicago that we stopped in after a flight from Rome and enjoyed the Houston Polaris lounge that I stopped in after flying home from Antarctica, though I seem to seem to keep near missing the lounge in Newark due to flight delays and then the lounge closures. The Newark lounge had kosher wine and was slated to get fresh kosher meals before the pandemic shut things down.
United tells me that this is the reopening schedule.
- The brand new Polaris Lounge in Washington/IAD will have its grand opening later this month.
- I was invited to cover a pre-opening media event there, but I’ll be flying United abroad at that time to complete a very special bucket list item.
- Polaris lounges in Chicago, Houston, and Newark will open by the end of this year.
- Despite several Polaris flights from Newark this year, I still won’t be able to visit this lounge as it won’t be open for my upcoming trip…
- Polaris lounges in Los Angeles and San Francisco will open in early 2022.
Have you been to United’s Polaris lounges?