In other words, if you fund your United TravelBank account with $200, you will get 1,000 miles from United, on top of any miles you’ll earn from spending on your credit card.
Purchases are not refundable and are limited to $1,000 per promotion per MileagePlus account, so you can earn up to 5,000 bonus miles.
I’m not sure if you will be able to fund your account more than once during the promotion period. If you do fund your account, please let us know if it lets you fund it again when you refresh the page, or if it locks you out until 9/24. You are able to fund your account more than once for this promotion.
The amount paid won’t expire for at least 5 years and can be extended by having redemption activity every 18 months.
The amount paid will be available for use on United flights immediately. You can find your TravelBank balance in your United account and it will show up as a payment option at checkout.
TravelBank funding has worked for travel and airline fee credit on cards like:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: $300 automatic travel credit on any travel related charge.
- JPMorgan Ritz Carlton: $300 airline fee credit on any airline when you call or SM for reimbursement.
- The AMEX Business Platinum Card offers a $200 annual airline fee credit on the airline of your choice.
- The AMEX Platinum Card offers a $200 annual airline fee credit on the airline of your choice.
- The AMEX Gold Card offers a $100 annual airline fee credit on the airline of your choice.
- The AMEX Hilton Aspire Card offers a $250 annual airline fee credit on the airline of your choice.
Of course reimbursement can change at any time on charges like this, but so far, TravelBank funding has been reimbursed on those cards.