Update: Today is the final day to take advantage of this offer!
Originally posted on 7/14:
I took advantage of JetBlue’s status match program last summer. JetBlue promised that the Mosaic status would last until the end of 2016 but it actually lasted until 1/31/17.
The benefits are great. You and your companions get 2 free checked bags, free even more speed checkin and security access, early boarding, 3 additional points per dollar spent, free alcoholic beverages onboard, and a dedicated Mosaic 24/7 customer service line.
But best of all you can cancel your paid and award flights without penalties. Plus you can make same day confirmed flight changes for free, so you can buy a flight for an inexpensive time and then switch to a more expensive flight that departs on the same day of your flight without paying anything. You can make that change for free starting 24 hours before your originally purchased flight.
Mosaic members also get discounted upgrades when they redeem points and they can request upgrades at the gate.
JetBlue will match the following to Mosaic:
- Alaska MVP Gold/Gold 75K
- American Plat/Plat Pro/EXP
- Delta Silver/Gold/Plat/Diamond
- Southwest A-List/Companion Pass
- United Silver/Gold/Plat/1K/GS
- Virgin America Silver/Gold to Mosaic.
Status officially lasts until 12/31/17, though it likely will last until 1/31/18 as it did last year.
If you earn 3,750 base TrueBlue points from flying JetBlue within 90 days of enrollment then you status will last until 12/31/18 (or 1/31/19).
This offer is valid for matching until 8/14/17.
Don’t have any status to match?
If you spend $50K on the JetBlue Plus Card you will also earn Mosaic status for the remainder of the year, plus the following year. When you earn it from the card you also earn 15K bonus points.
- A free checked bag for the cardholder and up to 3 passengers on the same reservation. That’s a value of up to $200 in waived checked bag fees per round-trip.
- 30,000 JetBlue points for signing up and spending $1,000. JetBlue points vary in value, but that will be good for about $450 of free flights.
- 10% points rebate every time you redeem your points. The rebate will post within 1 business day of using points. That effectively makes your points about 10% more valuable and bumps up the signup bonus value of the card to about $500 of flights.
- 5,000 points upon every card anniversary. Combined with the 10% rebate that’s 5,500 points that are worth about $83 towards JetBlue flights. That drops the effective annual fee from $99 down to just $16.
- $100 annual statement credit when you book a $100+ JetBlue vacation package.
- 2 points per dollar on groceries and restaurants and 6 points per dollar on JetBlue purchases on top of the 3-11 points per dollar that you earn for the flight itself, which makes for a very nice rebate on JetBlue flights.
- 50% rebate for in-flight purchases of cocktails, food, JetBlue movies and other eligible purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees.Best of all, JetBlue points never expire and JetBlue also allows families to pool their points together!