- Alaska MVP status receives OneWorld Ruby benefits like priority checking and waitlisting.
- Alaska MVP Gold status receives OneWorld Sapphire benefits like OneWorld business class lounge access, extra baggage, priority boarding and baggage handling.
- Alaska MVP Gold 75K status receives OneWorld Emerald benefits like OneWorld first class lounge access and fast track security.
- A 100K level will be added later this year and will also have OneWorld Emerald benefits.
- Alaska will launch OneWorld awards later this year and will provide 90 days notice before changing existing charts. Enjoy currently lucrative award options while they last!
- Alaska MVP elites can select free Main Cabin Extra seats within 24 hours of travel.
- Alaska MVP Gold elites can select free Main Cabin Extra seats at the time of booking.
- Alaska MVP Gold 75K elites and 1 companion are eligible for complimentary upgrades when traveling on American. Upgrades are within the U.S. (including Hawaii) and between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Bermuda and Central America. At first they will be prioritized after all AA elites on the day of departure, but later this year they will be prioritized 72 hours before the flight and ahead of AA Platinum and AA Gold elites!
- Alaska MVP Gold 75K elites will get systemwide upgrade certificates for travel on American later this year.
- American Executive Platinum elites will get upgrades on non-basic economy Alaska flights 120 hours before departure and will be prioritized ahead of Alaska MVP and MVP Gold members! At first companion upgrades won’t be available, but later this year AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum members will be eligible for upgrades for themselves and a companion.
- American Executive Platinum elites can select Alaska Premium seats at the time of booking as long as they’re not on a basic economy fare. At first companions won’t be able to upgrade to Premium seats, but later this year AA Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum will be able to bring a companion into Alaska Premium seats.
- American Platinum Pro/Platinum elites can select Alaska Premium seats at the time of booking as long as they’re in Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S or N booking class. All other fares allow Alaska Premium seats 72 hours before departure
- American Gold elites can select Alaska Premium seats at the time of booking as long as they’re Y, B or H booking class. All other fares allow Alaska Premium seats 48hours before departure.
Will you benefit from Alaska joining OneWorld?