JetBlue announced a number of changes.
- Tickets bought on or after 4/1: JetBlue will eliminate change and cancel fees on Blue fares. If you want to cancel, you can receive a credit to your Travel Bank, valid for a year. The most valuable Mosaic benefit was free changes, but now everyone will get free changes as JetBlue will match other airlines.
- Tickets bought on or after 4/1: JetBlue will allow basic economy fares to be changed for a $100 fee plus the difference in fare for domestic, Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America route or a $200 fee for other routes. This fee also applies for Mosaic members. Basic economy tickets bought by 3/31 will qualify for free changes.
- Same day changes for all fares will be $75 with no difference in fare owed. This fee is waived for Mosaic members, even on basic fares.
- Tickets booked on or after 2/25 for travel on or after 7/20: basic economy fares will no longer include a large carry-on bag in the overhead compartment. Basic fares will only come with a small carry-on bag, though Mosaic members and their companions can continue bringing a full size carry-on bag. This essentially copies United, though United allows credit card holders to bring a free carry-on and checked bag.
- Starting on 7/20: JetBlue will give passengers on Blue fares a $25 Travel Bank credit if there is no overhead space for their carry-on bag.
JetBlue is turning Mosaic status a complete joke with these changes, which comes after several other devaluations.
What do you think of JetBlue’s changes?