JetBlue is pointing to its new alliance with American in Boston and NYC as fueling new routes that will launch as follows:
- Vancouver, BC to/from Boston and JFK in summer 2022
- It’s great to see JetBlue finally make their way north of the border! This will also help with the loss of Cathay Pacific’s JFK-Vancouver route. Hopefully JetBlue will keep adding flights to Canada!
- San Antonio to/from Boston and JFK in October
- San Pedro Sula, Honduras to/from JFK in December
- Puerto Vallarta to/from JFK in Q1 2022
- Kansas City to/from Boston and JFK in Q2 2022
- Milwaukee to/from Boston and JFK in Q2 2022
- Asheville, NC to/from Boston in summer 2022
- Jacksonville to/from LaGuardia in October
- Sarasota to/from LaGuardia in October
- Savannah to/from LaGuardia in October
- New Orleans to/from LaGuardia in Q1 2022
- Nashville to/from LaGuardia in Q2 2022
- Portland, ME to/from LaGuardia in summer 2022
- Up to 15 daily round-trips between Boston and LaGuardia in summer 2022
- Increased flight frequency between LaGuardia and Charleston, S.C.; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Orlando, Fla.; West Palm Beach, Fla.; Fort Myers, Fla.; and Tampa, Fla in summer 2022
- JFK to/from Delhi starting 10/31. This is American’s 5th new long-haul JFK route, coming after Tel Aviv, Athens, Rio, and Santiago.
- Boston to/from Cincinnati, S. Louis, and Toronto
- LaGuardia to/from Houston, Oklahoma City, and Omaha.
- American will operate all NYC and DC flights on airplanes with a first class cabin.
JetBlue and American will also expand their codesharing and selling each other’s flights on May 3rd. They still plan to introduce reciprocal mileage earning and redemption options as well as mutual elite recognition.
Finally, the airlines will add a post-security shuttle at JFK later this year so that passengers can connect between the airlines without having to clear security again.
JetBlue notes that their flights will help feed American’s launch of JFK-Tel Aviv service, which is still scheduled to begin as planned on May 6th.
Which of these new flights are you excited to see?