DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz, Expedia, or direct with the airline.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Always search one-way for 1 seat and then work the search up to the number of seats you need in order to book as many seats on sale as you can.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred, Ink Preferred, or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2-3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- Airlines are allowing free changes on all tickets, including basic economy tickets.
- You can buy extra seats if you want to guarantee empty seats next to you by making the first name of the ticket EXTRASEAT with your last name. You’ll even get double your baggage allowance!
- Earn Up To 65K Miles On 4 Citi AAdvantage Mastercards plus get free checked baggage, even if you don’t pay for the ticket on your car.
Read more in the Utah Master Thread on DDF.
American has an incredibly cheap $13 fare including taxes between Baltimore and Salt Lake City with a stop in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, or Philadelphia which may also open up some hidden city ticketing possibilities, as long as you don’t check baggage, tip off an agent, or abuse that often.
The base fare on this before taxes is $0, making this a likely price mistake.
Baltimore to Salt Lake City and Salt Lake City to Baltimore $13 dates:
August: 20 through 31
September: Entire month
October: Entire month
November: 1 through 17
You can pay for the ticket with “hybrid points” such as AMEX or Chase points with a card that allows your points to be used at an increased value for airfare in addition to be able to transfer points into airline miles.
Using Chase Points:
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The cost will be 1,048 points with a Sapphire Preferred or 873 points with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used.
This is bookable for 1,310 points with AMEX. Plus you’ll get back a 35% rebate with the Business Platinum Card or a 25% rebate with the Business Gold Card, dropping the total needed to as low as 851 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Don’t miss another deal!
Signup for free text message or push notification alerts here and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!