You can now receive instant alerts of new posts on DansDeals with our new channel on Telegram, @DansDeals. Any other DansDeals groups or channels on Telegram are unauthorized and do not have real time alerts.
Telegram alerts should be more reliable and as fast if not faster than SMS alerts.
The nice thing about Telegram is that there are no limits to how many people can be in a group or channel and nobody else in the channel will have your phone number or be able to contact you. If there are ways around Whatsapp broadcast size limitations I’d love to hear about them.
Unlike Whatsapp, Telegram also backs up everything in the cloud, so you don’t need to take up space on your phone and you can carry your messages from device to device easily. You can also be logged into the same account on multiple devices on Telegram.
Of course, you can always continue to stay connected as before:
- Follow @DansDeals on Instagram and keep up with my latest pics from on the road and at home.
- Join the 91K+ people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com! Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be alerted about new deals via SMS.
- If you don’t want to signup for Twitter, you can send an SMS to 40404 with the text: follow @DansDeals and you’ll be alerted about new deals via SMS, but you won’t be able to to edit which hours not to bother you and there are limits to how many texts you can receive.
- Enable push notifications to get alerts from your desktop or mobile browser of new deals. Just click on the secure button in your browser’s URL bar to enable or disable notifications.
- Discuss or ask about whatever is on your mind and dig deeper into all kinds of deals at DDF (DansDeals Forums) at dansdeals.com/forums. There are now over 24K DDF members who have made over 1.8 million posts in more than 73,000 different topics! Feel free to browse the wealth of information there and click on “register” in order to be able to start posting your own tips or ask questions about anything you’d like to know about. After you register just click on the appropriate forum (Destination Guides, Trip Reports, Credit Cards, Goods For Sale, Up In The Air, etc.) and you can search for information (always start with a search as your question has probably already been answered!), add your own new thread topic, or reply to any existing one. It’s fun and easy! Need help with registering or getting started? Just post a comment right on this post and I’ll help you out!
Many threads now have a Wiki (found on the first page of a thread) to help summarize the entire topic.
Some of the best information is discussed at DDF meetups, find the DDF DO board for information on where meetups are happening now!
- Join the 33K+ people following the DansDeals.com Facebook group who used to get instant email alerts of only the hottest deals before facebook stupidly turned off the “email group” feature. Now it’s more of a poorly organized version of DDF…though it has its moments. And it seems pretty great for Facebook Live as well.
- Like the DansDeals.com Facebook page.
- Subscribe to the DansDeals.com RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/feed, or to the DansDeals comments RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/comments/feed where you can get updates on all the recent comments, no matter which deal they’re posted on.
- 29K+ people receive a daily email digest of everything posted on Dansdeals.com via Google’s Feedburner service! Bear in mind that with this service you will receive emails a day after a deal is posted, so there’s a decent chance that by the time you get the email the deal will be dead already…which is why I prefer the twitter option. It seems to be a favorite pastime of Feedburner subscribers to email me asking how dare I send them an email of deals after the deal is already dead or to leave irate comments like this one. At any rate to subscribe just locate the “Daily Email Digest” section in the right sidebar of this site, enter your email address, and subscribe. You can also use the Feedburner RSS feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/Dansdeals
- Post comments and share your thoughts right on the site under every single deal posting! Participating and interacting is what makes this site fun! Every deal also has a comments RSS feed that you can subscribe to.
Advertise on DansDeals.com and reach our tens of thousands daily unique visitors. Advertising on DansDeals delivers serious results! Try it out and see firsthand why businesses and charities are seeing incredible results from DansDeals advertising, with returns on their investment several times greater than when advertising on other websites. For more info just send an email to email@example.com