Last week I flew to Miami for my brother Dovid’s son’s bris.
I booked a JetBlue flight and noticed that the price dropped after a few days. DansDeals readers know that you can get a refund for a price drop on select airline.
In the past I’ve had some luck getting customer service from airlines via Twitter direct message, but often times that can be quite slow and some agents can be particularly dull or unhelpful.
Case in point:
Rather than wait on hold with JetBlue, I simply sent a text message to 1-407-612-2583 and a JetBlue agent there quickly provided a credit for the price drop.
- I’ve also texted Qantas for help booking award flights that were not bookable online at 1-478-772-6827.
- You can text Alaska Airlines at 82008
- You can text Air Canada at 66222
- You can text Hawaiian Airlines at 1-855-808-1717
- El Al offers customer service via Whatsapp at +972-53-566-3033, though not all agents can write in English.
Which airlines have you texted for customer service and how was your experience?