12/31 housekeeping in no particular order. Did you remember to:
2. Finish your Chase Freedom card spending for Q4? 5-5.5 points per dollar on up to $1,500 of spending from Amazon and department stores. You can buy an Amazon.com email gift card or you can buy a physical Amazon.com gift card. Once you have the gift card code you can save it to your Amazon account via this link where it will never expire.
3. Buy 20K Starpoints at 25% off? If you need to top off a mileage account with the 25% transfer bonus or if you need stays at some hotels it can be a deal. For example if you need 25K more miles for an award ticket it may be worthwhile. Or if you want to stay at a hotel like the Four Points Midtown NYC tonight the paid rate is $1,151 with tax but you can use just 12,000 points for that same room!
8. Finish up Visa Savings Edge savings at Staples? Stock up on those gift cards!
10. Fund your Serve, Bluebird, or REDCard this month? Gotta love free miles!
15.Take advantage of targeted AMEX Offers? Lots of offers end today including Newegg, Uber, Toys R Us, Zappos, Staples, Saks, and more.
16. Use your Amazon $1 no-rush book credits? Credits for physical books end today!
20. Finish threshold spending like 15K points for $30K spend on AMEX PRG, 10K points for $25K spend on Chase United Explorer, or a companion pass for $30K spend on Chase British Airways? Or finish $25K in spend to waive elite status spend requirements on Delta or United? Or finish 110K in earning from Southwest for a companion pass (you can still transfer increments of 50K Chase points into 50K Hyatt points and 50K Hyatt points into 30K Southwest points that count for companion pass.)
23. Open a Chase checking account in order to get 10% bonus points on top of all of your 2014 Chase Freedom spending? The bonus points will post in February 2015 for 2014 spending and in February 2016 for 2015 spending.
What else is ending today? Hit the comments!