Table of Contents
Limited time signup bonus:
For a limited time, Chase is offering 140,000 points for signing up for the Chase IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card and spending $3,000 within 3 months.
For a limited time, Chase is offering 100,000 points for signing up for the Chase IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card and spending $2,000 within 3 months.
Comparison to previous signup bonus:
- The IHG Premier card normally offers 80K-125K signup points for spending $3,000. With this offer you’ll earn 140K points.
- The IHG Traveler card normally offers 50K-75K signup points for spending $2,000. With this offer you’ll earn 100K points.
- The IHG Premier card’s $89 annual fee is waived for the first year with this offer. The previous limited time offer did not offer a fee waiver.
- The IHG Traveler card has no annual fee.
Welcome bonus terms:
You can receive the bonus on the IHG Premier card if you haven’t received a bonus on the IHG Premier card in the past 24 months and don’t currently have an IHG Premier card.
You can receive the bonus on the IHG Traveler card if you haven’t received a bonus on the IHG Traveler card in the past 24 months and don’t currently have an IHG Traveler card.
You can get the bonus even if you have the discontinued IHG Select card or received the bonus on that card in the past 24 months. Having the Premier and Select cards means you’ll get 2 annual anniversary nights and you’ll be able to stack unique award discounts that both cards offer as explained below.
All Chase cards appear to be subject to 5/24 restrictions, meaning that you are not likely to be approved if you have been approved for 5 or more consumer credit cards in the past 24 months. Note that the Chase system automatically counts cards like authorized user cards and store cards as cards that count towards 5/24, but if you explain to Chase that those cards are merely authorized user cards or store cards they can manually approve you for a new card.
You can check your credit report for free at the federally authorized annualcreditreport.com to check how many accounts are shows as being open in the past 24 months.
Cell Phone Insurance
Pay your monthly bill on your card and you can get up to $800 per claim and $1,000 per year in cell phone protection against covered theft or damage for all phones on your plan. Maximum of 2 claims in a 12 month period with a $50 deductible per claim.
Elite status for all cardholders:
Having the IHG Premier card gives you Platinum elite status, which gives free internet, 50% bonus points, upgrades, welcome amenity, late checkout, and more.
Having the IHG Traveler card gives you Gold elite status, which gives free internet, 10% bonus points, upgrades, welcome amenity, late checkout, and more.
IHG Premier Cardmembers’ IHG points will not expire for as long as they remain a cardholder.
4th award night free:
When IHG Premier or IHG Traveler cardholders book an award stay, every 4th night will be free!
If you have both the discontinued IHG Select card and the IHG Premier or IHG Traveler card you’ll get every 4th award night free AND a 10% rebate on award nights!
Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check:
IHG Premier Cardholders will get reimbursed for Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check charges every 4 years. Those programs make flying so much easier!
IHG Premier Cardholders will earn 25 points per dollar, which consists of 10 points per dollar on the card, 10 points per dollar from IHG for the stay, and 5 bonus points per dollar from IHG for being a Platinum elite member, which is automatic for cardholders. Bookings must be made directly on IHG.com.
IHG Traveler Cardholders will earn 17 points per dollar, which consists of 5 points per dollar on the card, 10 points per dollar from IHG for the stay, and 2 bonus points per dollar from IHG for being a Gold elite member, which is automatic for cardholders. Bookings must be made directly on IHG.com.
You’ll earn 2 points per dollar on dining, gas stations, and groceries, and 1 point per dollar everywhere else.
There are no foreign transaction fees.
You’ll need to spend $2,000 or $3,000 within 3 months to receive the bonus.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.87% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
Annual free night:
This IHG Premier card comes with an annual anniversary night for hotels that cost up to 40,000 points. The night must be used within 12 months of when it’s awarded.
IHG now offers dynamic pricing in the US, so pricing below may vary. Many additional hotels also work for anniversary night usage when they are bookable for up to 40K points!
Sample hotels where you can use your free annual night:
- Crowne Plaza Jerusalem: 20K
- Crowne Plaza Eilat: 20K
- Crowne Plaza Dead Sea: 25K
- Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv Diamond District: 25K
- Crowne Plaza Haifa: 30K
- Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach: 30K
- Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center: 30K
- InterContinental Cleveland, OH: 30K
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Park City, UT: 30K
- InterContinental Hanoi: 30K
- InterContinental Presidente Mexico City: 35K
- InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort: 35K
- Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport, CA: 35K
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, PA: 35K
- InterContinental Hotels Buenos Aires, Argentina: 35K
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore, MD: 35K
- Kimpton Schofield Hotel Cleveland, OH: 40K
- InterContinental Budapest: 40K
- Crowne Plaza London – Kings Cross: 40K
- Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East: 40K
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort Kissimmee: 40K
- Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop: 40K
- Holiday Inn Express Waikiki Honolulu: 40K
- InterContinental Hotels : Toronto Yorkville: 40K
- Holiday Inn Boston-Brookline, MA: 40K
- Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown, NY: 40K
- Holiday Inn Express Springdale – Zion National Park, UT: 40K
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam: 40K
- Holiday Inn Potts Point-Sydney, Australia: 40K
- Holiday Inn Resort & Casino Aruba: 40K
- InterContinental Hotels Fiji Golf Resort & Spa: 40K
- Intercontinental Bangkok: 40K
- Intercontinental Prague: 40K
Anniversary Point Bonus:
In addition to the annual free night, you’ll earn 10K points every anniversary year if you spend $20K on the IHG Premier card and make one additional purchase.