Capital One shocked the mileage world when they announced last November that their points would be transferable into real airline miles.
Eligible cards include:
- The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is offering 50,000 miles for spendingcredit $4,500 in 3 months. This card now also offers free Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership.
- The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is offering 50,000 miles for spending $3,000 in 3 months.
Those cards earn 2 points per dollar spent everywhere.
You can also convert cashback rewards from cards like The Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business into Capital One mileage cards for transfers to airlines.
You can transfer points from Capital One into these 12 airline programs at a 2:1.5 ratio:
- Aeromexico (SkyTeam)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (Star Alliance)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (SkyTeam)
- Alitalia (SkyTeam)
- Avianca LifeMiles (Star Alliance)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (OneWorld)
- Etihad (No alliance)
- EVA (Star Alliance)
- Finnair (OneWorld)
- Hainan (No alliance)
- Qantas (OneWorld)
- Qatar (OneWorld)
You can transfer points from Capital One into these 3 airline programs at a 2:1 ratio:
- Emirates (No alliance)
- JetBlue (No alliance)
- Singapore (Star Alliance)
From now through 7/31 you can transfer Capital One points into Avianca Lifemiles at a 2,000:1,876 ratio, a 25% bonus over the normal rate.
With this promotion you’ll be able to redeem United award flights from just 6,000 points each way! You can read more about that and all about the Avianca Lifemiles program in this post.
Note that Avianca Lifemiles require earning activity every 12 months in order to stop your miles from expiring. Transferring points to Lifemiles will extend the points validity for 12 more months.
This is Capital One’s fourth monthly transfer bonus, and they say that they will continue to offer transfer bonuses, which is great news!
Will you transfer Capital One points to Lifemiles?