Table of Contents
You can now signup for the Citi Premier Card and earn 60K Citi ThankYou points for opening this card and spending $4,000 in 3 months. Those points are worth a minimum of $600 of gift cards or $750 towards travel, but they can be worth much more as shown below.
The previous signup bonus on this card was 50K points for spending $4,000 in 3 months. If you signed up for the previous offer within the past 90 days you can try asking to be matched to this offer.
There is a $95 annual fee, though the points and benefits are worth far more than that.
You can receive the bonus on this card if you haven’t received a bonus or closed the Citi ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier, or Citi Prestige card in the past 24 months.
You can get the bonus if you currently have those cards.
Your Citi ThankYou points will not expire for as long as you remain a cardholder.
Earn 3 points per dollar on travel. The travel category includes airfare, car rentals, hotels, cruises, travel agencies, public transportation, timeshares, boat rentals, taxis, tolls, trains, parking, Uber, Lyft, etc.
Earn 3 points per dollar on gas stations.
Earn 2 points per dollar on dining. Dining includes coffee shops, cafes, bar, lounges, and restaurants.
Earn 2 points per dollar on entertainment. Entertainment includes sporting events, amusement parks, zoos, museums, tourist attractions, theater, concerts, movies, video rentals, internet steaming media, etc.
There are no foreign transaction fees.
25% bonus point value for paid airfare:
You can use the points at a value of 1.25 cents each towards airfare. The 60,000 signup points are enough for $750 of paid airfare.
Added benefits for a killer Citi ThankYou combo:
The Rewards+ card also offers double points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets. And you will get 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months.
It also offers a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year!
While the Rewards+ card doesn’t transfer points into airline miles, if you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer those points into miles and get a 25% added value for paid airfare. Best of all you’ll also get the 10% rebate when you transfer points into miles or book paid airfare!
Points earned from the $495/year Citi Prestige card don’t have added value for paid airfare, but they do if you also have a Citi Premier Card. That means you can earn 5 points per dollar on airfare and restaurants with Prestige, 3 points per dollar on other travel and gas with Premier, and 2 points per dollar with Premier, plus get 25% added value for paid airfare.
- Rental car CDW insurance in every country, up to $50K in coverage.
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, up to $5K/trip.
- Lost Luggage Insurance, up to $2K-$3K/bag and $10K/trip.
- Trip Delay Reimbursement, up to $500/passenger per trip for 12+ hour delays.
- Baggage Delay Reimbursement, up to $500/passenger per trip for 6+ hour delays.
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Purchase protection for items damaged or stolen within 90 days up to $10K/item.
- Citi Price Rewind
- Extended Warranty of 24 months on top of manufacturer warranty, up to $10K/item.
- Return protection for 90 days, up to $300/item and $1,000/year.
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- Fly between the US and Israel for 25K miles or pay under 20K miles with promo awards from rotating cities.
- There have been 30% bonuses for this transfer option in the past.
- Avianca Lifemiles (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Fly domestic short haul flights on United for just 7.5K miles or fly in Lufthansa first class to Europe for 87K miles with no fuel surcharges.
- There have been 25% bonuses for this transfer option in the past.
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- A business class award to Europe on partners American or British Airways is just 50K miles. Fuel surcharges on British Airways are lower than with other programs.
- Etihad: 1K:1K
- EVA (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Garuda Indonesia (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- JetPrivilege: 1K:1K
- JetBlue: 1K:1K
- Occasional transfer bonuses make this ratio more palatable.
- Malaysia (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Qantas (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Qatar (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Singapore (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Thai (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Turkish (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Virgin Atlantic: 1K:1K
You can redeem points for gift cards to dozens of stores at 1 cent each. 60,000 points would be enough for $600 in gift cards for stores like Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, LLBean, Staples, Target, TJMaxx, and more.
Redeeming miles for El Al without fuel surcharges:
With Qantas miles you can redeem for El Al award tickets without any fuel surcharges! You read more about this option here.
- A one-way coach ticket from NYC to Tel Aviv is 42K Qantas miles and there are no fuel surcharges.
- A one-way premium economy ticket from NYC to Tel Aviv is 63K Qantas miles and there are no fuel surcharges.
- A one-way business class ticket from NYC to Tel Aviv is 78K Qantas miles and there are no fuel surcharges.
Will you signup for a Citi Premier Card?