DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
Table of Contents
Limited time welcome bonus:
- For a limited time only, you can earn 100K Marriott bonus points for opening the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX and spending $5,000 in 3 months.
- You will also get 25K bonus points upon card renewal, along with the 50K annual anniversary free night.
- If you are approved for this offer you will also enjoy Platinum elite status from 2/1/21-1/31/22.
Comparison to previous welcome bonus:
- The previous welcome bonus 75K points for spending $3,000 in 3 months and did not include anniversary bonus points or Platinum elite status.
Other Marriott Limited Time Bonus Offers:
- Earn 100,000 Points On The Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card, Plus Get Platinum Elite Status!
Welcome bonus terms:
You won’t get the welcome bonus on this card if:
- You have or had an active JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton in the past 30 days.
- You were approved for a Chase Marriott Boundless or Chase Marriott Bold in the past 90 days.
- You received a points upgrade offer from a Chase Marriott card in the past 24 months.
- You have or previously had this card or the Starwood Luxury AMEX.
Annual Marriott Statement Credit
This card comes with $300 in annual Marriott statement credits that will reimbursed for spending at Marriott hotels.
In my experience, this credit also works for buying Marriott gift cards online, but this can change at any time. It’s best to wait for a promotion like this for 20% off gift cards, as that means you can get $375 in gift cards, plus you’ll earn 6 points per dollar spent on gift cards!
- 2 points per dollar everywhere.
- 3 points per dollar on airfare
- 3 points per dollar at US restaurants
- 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott hotels.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check:
Cardholders will get reimbursed for Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check charges every 4 years. Those programs make flying so much easier!
Priority Pass membership:
You can then use lounges and bring in 2 free guests.
Lounges include the Art & Lounge in London and Newark which is the lounge that El Al provides for their business and first class passengers, and the Dan Lounges in Tel Aviv.
Unfortunately, AMEX Priority Pass membership no longer includes access to Priority Pass Restaurants.
Earn statement credits at stores that you register for in your AMEX account.
Premium AMEX Protections And Lost Item Protection:
- My favorite AMEX benefit is return protection. If you need to return an item up to $300 and a store won’t take it back due to a time limited or final sale policy, AMEX will gladly refund you thanks to return protection. Nearly all of the time you’ll even be able to keep the item, but if you are asked to send it back, the return shipping will be free. This benefit is valid for $1,000 of returns per card per calendar year. Additionally, if a store charges a restocking fee to return an item then AMEX will cover that cost, up to $300/item, as part of their return protection coverage.
- Trip delay insurance will reimburse expenses due to a flight delay, up to $500 of coverage for 6+ hour delays.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance covers trips cancelled or delayed due to weather, terrorism, jury duty, or sudden illness or injury with up to $10,000 of coverage per trip and $20,000 per rolling 12 month period.
- Baggage Insurance covers lost, stolen, or damaged luggage on plain, train, ship, or bus tickets paid for on the card.
- If your item, up to $10,000, is lost, stolen, or broken within 90 days you’ll be covered! Many cards offer stolen item protection, but that claim requires a police report to be filed and often has a cap of just $1,000 on other cards.
- If a store charged a restocking fee to return an item then AMEX will cover it, up to $300/item, as part of their return protection coverage.
- You get an additional year of warranty coverage, double the original manufacturers warranty, and if you have any issue in the extended warranty year they’ll pay to have it fixed or refund your entire purchase price without a hassle. This benefit is far more valuable than warranty benefits offered by other banks.
- If you need to dispute a charge there’s nobody who makes it easier or as pain-free as American Express does. It’s the easiest dispute resolution process in the industry by leaps and bounds and you can do it all online.
- Complimentary Shoprunner 2 day free shipping and return shipping on hundreds of websites.
- See this post to see just how amazing AMEX benefits can be.
You’ll need to spend $5,000 within 3 months.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.87% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
Airline transfer bonus:
You can transfer increments of 60K Marriott points into 25K airline miles or 27.5K miles with United.
Additionally, airlines often have their own bonuses for hotel point transfers.
Marriott has dozens of valuable airline transfer partners, such as Aegean, Alaska, American, JAL, Lufthansa, Qantas, and dozens more!
Miles from these airlines can be very valuable and hard to get from other sources. For example JAL miles allow you to book awards on Emirates, AA, and BA with discounted or no fuel surcharges as well as mileage bargains. Alaska miles opens up bargains on airlines like Cathay Pacific and Qantas with no fuel surcharges and they allow 2 free stopovers on awards.
Premium internet access:
Cardholders get free premium in-room internet at Marriott hotels.
Normally this card offers Gold Elite status, which gives 25% bonus points, 2pm late checkout, a points amenity, room upgrades, and more.
With this offer you’ll enjoy Platinum status from 2/1/21-1/31/22, which gives 50% bonus points, 4pm late checkout, a points or breakfast amenity, suite upgrades, lounge access, and more.
If you spend $75K/year on this card you can keep Platinum status, so $75K of spending in 2021 would earn Platinum through 1/31/23.
You’ll also get 15 elite night credits for having the card.
You can get 15 elite night credits for having a Marriott consumer card and 15 elite night credits for having a Marriott business card. You can combine those nights with promotional nights to reach higher elite tiers.
You can’t get 2 sets of 15 elite night credits if you only have consumer or only have business cards.
You can convert this card to the Marriott Bonvoy AMEX with a $95 annual fee. Converting or cancelling within 12 months may cause a clawback of your bonus points and status.
Cardholders will receive a free night upon every card anniversary valid at hotels that cost up to 50K points. Anniversary nights can be worth several times the annual fee on this card! Anniversary nights expire 12 months after they post to your account.
Marriott Award Chart:
This is what the current Marriott award chart looks like.
Anniversary nights can be used at category 1-5 hotels on all dates, on category 6 hotels on off-peak or standard dates, and on category 7 hotels on off-peak dates.
100,000 points will get you anywhere from 20 off-peak category 1 nights to 1 peak night at a top-tier hotel where rates can exceed $3,000/night.
|Hotel Category||Award Chart||Cash + Points Chart||Pointsavers Chart|
|Category 1||5,000 off-peak|
|$55+1,500 (1.57 cpp) off-peak|
$55+3,500 (1.38 cpp) standard
$55+4,500 (1 cpp) peak
|Category 2||10,000 off-peak|
|$65+4,000 (1.08 cpp) off-peak|
$65+6,000 (1 cpp) standard
$65+7,000 (0.81 cpp) peak
|Category 3||15,000 off-peak|
|$80+6,000 (0.89 cpp) off-peak|
$80+8,500 (0.89 cpp) standard
$80+9,500 (0.76 cpp) peak
|Category 4||20,000 off-peak|
|$105+8,000 (0.88 cpp) off-peak|
$105+12,000 (0.8 cpp)
$105+15,000 (0.7 cpp) peak
|Category 5||30,000 off-peak|
|$140+13,500 (0.85 cpp) off-peak|
$140+17,000 (0.78 cpp)
$140+21,000 (0.74 cpp) peak
|Category 6||40,000 off-peak|
|$190+19,000 (0.9 cpp) off-peak|
$190+25,000 (0.76 cpp)
$190+30,000 (0.63 cpp) peak
|Category 7||50,000 off-peak|
|$250+25,000 (1 cpp) off-peak|
$250+30,000 (0.83 cpp)
$250+40,000 (0.83 cpp) peak
|Category 8||70,000 off-peak|
|$440+27,500 (1.04 cpp) off-peak|
$440+42,500 (1.04 cpp)
$440+57,500 (1.04 cpp) peak
Sample hotels where you can use your anniversary nights:
Domestic category 7 (Valid off-peak only):
- W Aspen
- Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, Dana Point
- Ritz-Carlton, Denver
- Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki, Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki, Honolulu
- Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
- SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
- Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth Lakes
- Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
- Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
- Marriott Stanton South Beach
- Le Méridien New York, Central Park
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
- The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
- S. Regis Washington, D.C.
International category 7 (Valid off-peak only):
- W Amsterdam
- The Royal at Atlantis, Bahamas
- Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain
- Le Méridien Bora Bora
- Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Canada
- W Paris – Opéra, France
- W Hong Kong
- 101 Hotel, Reykjavik, a Member of Design Hotels, Iceland
- Ritz-Carlton, Herzliya, Israel
- The Jaffa, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Westin Excelsior, Rome, Italy
- St. Regis Mauritius Resort
- Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort
- Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui, Thailand
- Bodrum EDITION, Turkey
- W Dubai – The Palm, UAE
- W London, UK
Domestic category 6 (Valid off-peak or standard):
- Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
- W Austin
- JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa, Aventura
- Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, a Member of Design Hotels
- Boston Marriott Copley Place
- W Boston
- Ritz-Carlton, Chicago
- Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
- W Dallas – Victory
- Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, Dana Point
- W Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott’s Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe, Hilton Head
- W Hoboken
- Hollywood Beach Marriott
- W Hollywood
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Honolulu
- S. Regis Houston
- Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, Kansas City
- Sheraton Kauai Resort
- Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront
- Westin Hapuna Beach Resort
- Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club – Lahaina & Napili Towers
- Walt Disney World Dolphin
- AC Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Marriott
- Residence Inn Beverly Hills
- Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
- Royal Palm South Beach Miami, a Tribute Portfolio Resort
- W New Orleans – French Quarter
- W New York – Downtown
- Sheraton Niagara Falls, NY
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
- Avalon Hotel & Bungalows Palm Springs, a Member of Design Hotels, Palm Springs
- W Philadelphia
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
- Le Méridien San Francisco
- Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica
- JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
- W Scottsdale
- W Seattle
- Residence Inn Maui Wailea
- JW Marriott Washington, DC
International category 6 (Valid off-peak or standard):
- Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
- W Melbourne, Australia
- Ritz-Carlton Perth, Australia
- Le Méridien Vienna, Austria
- The Coral at Atlantis, Bahamas
- W Montreal, Canada
- W Toronto, Canada
- Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, Canada
- Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, Canada
- Ritz-Carlton, Santiago, Chile
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa, Costa Rica
- Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort
- Prague Marriott Hotel, Czech Republic
- Sheraton Addis, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Paris, France
- Mykonos Theoxenia, a Member of Design Hotels, Greece
- JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
- Ritz-Carlton, Budapest, Hungary
- Ritz-Carlton, Bali, Indonesia
- Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, Israel
- Sheraton Tel Aviv, Israel
- Sheraton Lake Como Hotel, Italy
- Westin Palace, Milan, Italy
- Le Méridien Visconti Rome, Italy
- Westin Miyako Kyoto, Japan
- Tokyo Marriott Hotel, Japan
- Ritz-Carlton, Macau
- The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, Malaysia
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
- Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, Mexico
- Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa, Mexico
- Hacienda Uayamon, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Uayamon, Mexico
- JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, Peru
- Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, Peru
- Marriott’s S. Kitts Beach Club
- Le Méridien Fisherman’s Cove, Mahe, Seychelles
- S. Regis Singapore
- W Singapore – Sentosa Cove
- Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, Spain
- Westin Palace, Madrid, Spain
- Ritz-Carlton Abama, Tenerife, Spain
- Zurich Marriott Hotel, Switzerland
- W Taipei, Taiwan
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, Thailand
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket, Thailand
- S. Regis Abu Dhabi, UAE
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, UAE
- Great Northern Hotel, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, London, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, UK
Domestic category 5 (Valid off-peak, standard, or peak):
- Anchorage Marriott Downtown
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- W Atlanta – Downtown
- Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
- Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
- AC Hotel Boston Downtown
- Aloft Boston Seaport District
- Aloft New York Brooklyn
- New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
- Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
- W Chicago – Lakeshore
- Metropolitan at The 9, Autograph Collection, Cleveland
- Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
- The Westin Southfield Detroit
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
- The Westin Resort Guam
- Courtyard King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, Hawaii
- JW Marriott Houston Downtown
- Courtyard Key Largo
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
- Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
- Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott
- Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
- New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
- Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
- Aloft Miami Aventura
- Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
- AC Hotel Miami Beach
- Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
- Residence Inn Miami Beach South Beach
- Residence Inn Miami Beach Surfside
- Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Moxy New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area
- Aloft Manhattan Downtown – Financial District, New York
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, New York
- New York Marriott Downtown
- Grand Bohemian Hotel, Autograph Collection, Orlando
- Courtyard Palm Springs
- Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
- Park City Marriott
- Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town
- Westin San Diego
- Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
International category 5 (Valid off-peak, standard, or peak):
- Park Tower, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- W Brisbane, Australia
- Melbourne Marriott Hotel, Australia
- The Westin Melbourne, Australia
- The Westin Perth, Australia
- Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, Australia
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection, Australia
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia
- The Westin Sydney, Australia
- Das Triest, Vienna, a Member of Design Hotels, Austria
- JW Marriott Absheron Baku, Azerbaijan
- Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, Brazil
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Delta Hotels Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, Canada
- Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, Canada
- Courtyard Niagara Falls, Canada
- Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, Canada
- The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada
- W Santiago, Chile
- JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, China
- The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, China
- The S. Regis Beijing, China
- The S. Regis Chengdu, China
- JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square, China
- The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, China
- The S. Regis Shanghai Jingan, China
- The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, China
- The S. Regis Shenzhen, China
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Wuhan, China
- Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, Costa Rica
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
- Courtyard Prague City, Czech Republic
- Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco, France
- Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel, Paris, France
- Athens Marriott Hotel, Greece
- Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu, Greece
- Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
- Mira Moon Hong Kong, a Member of Design Hotels
- The S. Regis Mumbai, India
- AC Hotel Firenze, Florence, Italy
- STRAF, Milan, a Member of Design Hotels, Italy
- Courtyard Rome Central Park, Italy
- Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection, Herzliya, Israel
- Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, Japan
- Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel, Japan
- Hotel Pacai, Vilnius, a Member of Design Hotels, Lithuania
- Courtyard Vilnius City Center, Lithuania
- JW Marriott Hotel Macau
- The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, Malaysia
- The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius
- Marriott Cancun Resort, Mexico
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico
- The Westin Cozumel, Mexico
- Le Méridien Mexico City
- Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, Mexico
- Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Netherlands
- Four Points by Sheraton Auckland, New Zealand
- W Panama
- JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Peru
- Lisbon Marriott Hotel, Portugal
- S. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
- Trump Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
- Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
- Sheraton Towers Singapore
- The Westin Cape Town, South Africa
- The Westin Chosun Seoul, South Korea
- Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel, Switzerland
- Sheraton Zurich Hotel, Switzerland
- Hotel Proverbs Taipei, a Member of Design Hotels, Taiwan
- Taipei Marriott Hotel, Taiwan
- JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, Thailand
- The S. Regis Bangkok, Thailand
- Le Méridien Chiang Mai, Thailand
- JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Marriott’s Mai Khao Beach – Phuket, Thailand
- The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, Turkey
- W Abu Dhabi – Yas Island, UAE
- The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, UAE
- Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, UAE
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, UK
- Residence Inn London Kensington, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, UK
- JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam
Will you apply for this limited time offer? Where will you use the free nights?