That never happened for existing customers.
In April they gave renewing cardholders a $100 statement credit and then they started only billing card renewals at the old $450 fee.
I reached out to Chase for comment and they confirmed that,
“Given the ongoing environment, currently existing Sapphire Reserve cardmembers whose renewal dates are within Jan 1, 2021 – March 30, 2021 will also automatically renew at $450. I’ll keep you posted if and when there is more to share.”
Hopefully that will be extended again!
Chase has added lots of benefits to the Sapphire Reserve card:
- They will allow cardholders to use their 2021 $300 annual travel credit on gas and groceries through 6/30/21.
- Earn 3 points per dollar spent on up to $1,000/month on groceries through 4/30/21.
- Redeem your points at a value of 1.5 cents each (or more) to reimburse spending on dining, grocery store, or home improvement purchases through 4/30/21.
- Cardholders get a $60 credit this year on Doordash Restaurant Delivery through 12/31. See here for how to check on your remaining credit.
- Cardholders get free DoorDash DashPass to save money on deliveries, a $9.99 monthly value.
- Get up to $120 in Peloton statement credits through 12/31/21.
- Signup for 12 free months of Lyft Pink and Grubhub+ or Seamless+, a $19.99 monthly value.
- Get 10 points per dollar on Lyft through 3/31/22.
Of course that all comes on top of other Sapphire Reserve benefits:
- Triple points on all dining and travel worldwide.
- Ability to redeem for paid travel at a value of 1.5 cents per point.
- Ability to transfer all Chase points into airline miles and hotel points, where they can be worth even more than 1.5 cents each.
- Reimbursement of Global Entry/Pre-Check fees.
- Priority Pass lounge membership with 2 free guests and unlike with AMEX cards, you can still use this for restaurant/food/drink credit.
- Free roadside assistance.
- Primary rental car insurance worldwide.
- $10K/item Purchase Protection for for items damaged or stolen within 120 days.
- $10K/item Extended Warranty Protection
- $500/item Return Protection
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
- Lost Luggage Insurance
- Baggage Delay Reimbursement
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Emergency Evacuation and Transportation due to injury or illness on a trip
- Repatriation of Remains Insurance
- Emergency Medical and Dental Benefit while traveling
What are your favorite Sapphire Reserve benefits?