DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until 11:29pm ET tomorrow. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Always search for 1 seat and then work the search up to the number of seats you need in order to book as many seats on sale as you can.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2 or 3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free travel/medical insurance, trip/luggage delay protection, and more!
- The United fares are basic economy, you can buy up to regular economy for an extra $30 during the checkout process. Paying with a Chase United Explorer card or the Chase United Explorer Business Card will waive many basic economy restrictions, so you can bring a free carry-on, a free checked bag, and have priority boarding.
Read more about Puerto Rico in the Master Thread on DDF. US citizens do not need a passport for travel to Puerto Rico. Kosher food is available.
Sale fares to Puerto Rico are also available from other cities like Fort Lauderdale and Cleveland.
United: Newark to San Juan $98 dates:
November 14 through 21
January 13, 19 through 29
February 1 through 5, 9, 10, 11, 18, 23 through 26
March 1 through 5, 9, 10, 11
United: San Juan to Newark $98 dates:
November 14, 15
December 5, 12, 19, 20
January 16, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31
February 1, 4 through 8, 11 through 15, 27, 28
March 4, 5, 6
JetBlue: JFK to San Juan $108 dates:
September 16 through 21, 23, 24, 25, 28, 30
October 1 through 9, 12, 16, 18 through 23, 26 through 30
November 2 through 6, 9 through 20, 25
JetBlue: San Juan to JFK $108 dates:
September 16 through 21, 24, 25, 26, 28
October 2 through 5, 8 through 12, 16 through 19, 22 through 26, 29, 30, 31
November 1 through 8, 13 through 16, 28
December 4 through 7, 9 through 14
JetBlue: Newark to San Juan $113 dates:
October 1, 2, 5, 7, 21
November 9 through 20
JetBlue: San Juan to Newark $113 dates:
October 4, 10, 16, 17
November 2, 6, 14
Using Chase Points:
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The cost for Newark-San Juan will be just 6,580 points each way with a Sapphire Reserve! That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used on United.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used on United.
This is bookable in JetBlue for 10,870 AMEX points. Plus you’ll get back a rebate of 3,805 points with the Business Platinum Card or 2,718 points with the Business Gold Card, dropping the total needed to as low as 7,065 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Join the 95.2K people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com! Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!