Update: This sale ends tomorrow!
- Book by 2/29.
- Travel by 3/31.
- Valid on Turkish Airlines flights only.
- 25% Miles discount offer is valid from Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC, Boston, San Francisco, Miami, Atlanta, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Bogota, Panama, Caracas, Havana, Mexico City, Cancun to Turkey, Egypt, Ukraine and Israel.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred to earn 2 points or Ink Preferred or Sapphire Reserve to earn 3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- Coach passengers can still check 2×50 pound bags for free on Turkish.
- Flights connect in Istanbul.
- Turkish is a very highly rated airline. Thousands of religious Jews have taken their flights without issues and report that service has been far superior to other airlines. Turkish has an award winning Star Alliance lounge in Istanbul. They operate a whopping 10 flights a day between Istanbul and Tel Aviv. There are even 2 Synagogues in Istanbul’s airport!
- Turkish offers freshly made kosher meals from Istanbul and Tel Aviv in all classes and the meals for flights departing Istanbul are highly regarded as well. They are made in Turkey and are kosher supervised by the OK and Chabad of Turkey.
Turkish Airlines normally charges 32K miles in coach or 47K miles in business class each way between the US and Israel.
With this sale you’ll pay just 24K miles in coach or 35,250 miles in business class each way between the US and Israel!
Fuel surcharges and taxes one-way from JFK to Tel Aviv will add $104 in coach and $233 in business class.
You can search for Turkish Airlines award tickets here. Be sure to search one-way at a time in order to find saver awards. You will need to open a Turkish Airlines mileage account online (Hint: Your password must be exactly 6 numbers or else it will give an error).
Sample business class itinerary:
That will be 70,500 miles plus about $500 in fees and taxes.
Compare that to United, which charges 85K miles each way for partner airline business class to Tel Aviv, plus 3.5K miles each way in close-in surcharges:
As you can see from this chart, you can transfer points to Turkish Airlines from Citibank at a 1:1 ratio from from Marriott at a 60K:25K ratio. Transfers from Citi take a day, while Marriott transfers can take slightly longer.
You can call Turkish at 800-874-8875 to hold award space for 3 days.
Miles expire after 36 months and won’t be extended with activity. But you should never transfer miles unless you’re ready to book an award.
Citi cards with transferable points include:
- The Citi Double Cash card offers 2% cash back or 2 points per dollar spent everywhere that can be transferred into ThankYou points. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles or get a 25% added value for paid airfare. No annual fee.
- The Citi Rewards+ Card offering 15,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months. This card can’t transfer points on its own, but can transfer points if you have one of the Citi cards above. This card automatically rounds up rewards earned on every purchase to the nearest 10 points, meaning you earn 10 points on a $0.50 Amazon balance reload. Earn 2 points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, and a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles or get a 25% added value for paid airfare, plus get a 10% points rebate on transferred or redeemed miles. No annual fee.
- Citi Premier offering 60,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 3 points per dollar on travel and gas, and 2 points per dollar on dining and entertainment. $95 annual fee.
- Citi Prestige offering 50,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 5 points per dollar on airfare and dining, and 3 points per dollar on hotels. $495 annual fee.
Will you take advantage of this sale?
Join the 96.6K people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com! Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!