DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update, 9/6: This offer ends today!
Update, 8/30: This offer has been extended through 9/6!
Originally posted on 8/27:
Delta miles are typically worth about 1 cent each, though they can be worth much more during flash sales. For example earlier this year I flew to Amsterdam in DeltaOne Suites for 98K miles round-trip instead of $12,000 during a flash sale, a value of 12.2 cents per mile. But that’s the exception to the rule.
I value my AMEX points at about 1.5 cents each, so this is a good deal for those points as well.
- Delta miles are normally 1 cent each towards vacation packages, but they’re worth 2 cents each if you book by 11:59pm EDT on 8/30.
- A minimum 2 night hotel stay is required.
- You can redeem up to 999,999 miles.
- You will earn Delta miles for your flight as this will be considered a paid flight instead of a mileage flight.
- You can redeem miles for part or all of a package.
- If you cancel your reservation, miles will not be redeposited into your SkyMiles account. The SkyMiles account holder will receive a Delta Vacations voucher for the value of the miles at the time of they were applied to the booking as payment.
For example a flight from JFK to Tel Aviv from 1/12-1/16 and 3 nights at the Waldorf Jerusalem will run $2,347.84. You can use miles at a value of 2 cents each, so 117,392 miles would cover the flight and the hotel, plus you’ll earn Delta miles for the flight:
How good of a deal is that?
If you just wanted to redeem miles for the flight without the hotel you would need 144K miles+$49 and you wouldn’t earn miles for that flight!
A flight from JFK to Las Vegas from January 28-30 and 2 nights at the Encore by Wynn will cost 27,804 miles, plus you’ll earn miles for the Delta flight:
The same flights without the hotel in main cabin will run 24.5K miles+$11.20 without a hotel:
AMEX cards with instantly transferable Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595 annual fee, earn 1.5 points per dollar on eligible $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, 1 year WeWork Global Office Space, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- For rates and fees of the AMEX Platinum Business Card, please visit here.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- $295 annual fee, $500 off $500 at Fedex, 25% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, earn 4 points per dollar on your most common spending categories each billing cycle.
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- $250 annual fee, 40K points welcome bonus, $100 in annual airline fee credits, earn up to 4 points per dollar.
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- $550 annual fee, up to 60K points welcome bonus, earn 5 points per dollar on airfare, $200 in annual airline fee credits, up to $200 in annual Uber credit, up to $100 in annual Saks credit, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- $95 annual fee, up to 20K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.5-4.5 points per dollar everywhere with 30+ monthly transactions.
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
- No annual fee, up to 15K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.2-2.4 points per dollar everywhere with 20+ monthly transactions.
Post what deals you find or what you’ll book with this promo!