Update, 12/25: This offer ends today at 4pm ET!
Availability is limited from NYC, but much better from other cities, such as Chicago.
Sample valid Chicago to Tel Aviv business class dates include: January 21, 22, 25, 27. February 3, 6, 27. March 27. April 2, 8, 9
Sample valid Tel Aviv to Chicago business class dates include: December 26, 27. January 13, 19, 20, 21, 26, 28, 30. February 3. March 7. April 24.
Update, 12/12: This incredible sale is now valid in both directions!
For example, Newark to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles:
Chicago to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles:
Sample valid Chicago to Tel Aviv business class dates include: January 22, 23. February 27. March 2, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15.
Sample valid Tel Aviv to Chicago business class dates include: December 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 26.
Boston to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles.
Sample valid Tel Aviv to Boston business class dates include: December 15, 16, 19, 26.
Atlanta to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles:
Washington DC to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles:
Dallas to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles:
Sample valid Dallas to Tel Aviv business class dates include: January 30. March 18, 19. April 8.
Houston to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles:
Sample valid Houston to Tel Aviv business class dates include: January 28, 29. February 14, 19. March 27.
San Francisco to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles:
Sample valid San Francisco to Tel Aviv business class dates include: February 13, 19, 20, 27. March 13.
Seattle to/from Tel Aviv in coach for 22.4K miles or business for 32.9K miles:
Originally posted on 12/4:
Turkish Airlines is offering 30% off select promotional saver award tickets in economy or business class.
The sale is valid on one-way or round-trip travel when departing from the following cities: Accra, Addis Ababa, Alexandria, Amman, Aqaba, Asmara, Baghdad, Bahrain, Bamako, Bari, Basel, Basra, Batumi, Beirut, Bilbao, Billund, Bishkek, Bologna, Bordeaux, Bremen, Bucharest, Budapest, Catania, Cluj, Cologne, Conakry, Constanta, Dammam, Djibouti, Doha, Douala, Dubrovnik, Edinburgh, Erbil, Frankfurt, Freetown, Ganja, Gothenburg, Hanover, Helsinki, Hurghada, Isfahan, Jakarta, Juba, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Leipzig/Halle, Libreville, Ljubljana, Luanda, Luxembourg, Lyon, Madrid, Malaga, Malta, Marseille, Mashad, Mogadishu, Muscat, Nairobi, Nakhichevan, Naples, Ndjamena, Niamey, Nouakchott, Nuremberg, Ouagadougou, Podgorica, Pointe Noire, Porto, Prague, Pristina, Riga, Riyadh, Rome, Salzburg, Sarajevo, Seychelles, Sharm El Sheikh, Shiraz, Singapore, Sofia, Stockholm, Strasbourg, Stuttgart, Suleymaniye, Tabriz, Tallinn, Tbilisi, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Thessaloniki, Tivat, Toulouse, Varna, Vienna, Vilnius, Yaounde, Zagreb, Zurich.
While there are no US cities included in the sale, you can save by booking one-way or round-trip travel to the US from cities like Tel Aviv.
- The offer is valid for tickets issued by 4pm ET on 12/25.
- Travel valid from now through 5/31/23.
- Valid on Turkish Airlines flights only.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred to earn 2 points or Ink Preferred or Sapphire Reserve to earn 3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- Coach passengers can check 2×50 pound bags for free on Turkish.
- Flights connect in Istanbul.
- Turkish is a very highly rated airline. Thousands of religious Jews have taken their flights without issues and report that service has been far superior to other airlines. Turkish has an award winning Star Alliance lounge in Istanbul. They operate a whopping 9 flights a day between Istanbul and Tel Aviv. There are even 2 Synagogues in Istanbul’s airport!
- Turkish offers freshly made kosher meals from Istanbul and Tel Aviv in all classes and the meals for flights departing Istanbul are highly regarded as well. They are made in Turkey and are kosher supervised by the OK and Chabad of Turkey.
- The Priority Pass and Turkish lounges in Istanbul offer kosher food and there’s even a vending machine with kosher food in Istanbul airport!
Turkish already has a very inexpensive saver award chart. Flights between the US and Tel Aviv normally cost 32K miles in economy or 47K miles in business class each way.
Saver award space can be hard to find, but if you search around you should find space.
- With this sale a one-way economy class flight from Tel Aviv to JFK via Istanbul will be just 22.4K miles. Fuel surcharges and taxes will add about $162.
- With this sale a one-way business class flight from Tel Aviv to JFK via Istanbul will be just 32.9K miles. Fuel surcharges and taxes will add about $339.
You can search for Turkish Airlines award tickets here. Be sure to search one-way at a time in order to find saver awards. You will need to open a Turkish Airlines mileage account online (Hint: Your password must be exactly 6 numbers or else it will give an error).
North American cities served by Turkish include Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, JFK, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal, Newark, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.
As you can see from this chart, you can transfer points to Turkish Airlines from Capital One or Citibank at a 1:1 ratio or from Marriott at a 60K:25K ratio. Transfers from Capital One should be instant, transfer from Citi can take a day or 2, while Marriott transfers can take slightly longer.
Turkish allows you to hold an award for 3 days, which will allow you to transfer in miles after the award is on hold.
Another nice perk is that changes or cancellations cost just $25! That fee may also be waived due to COVID.
Miles expire after 36 months and won’t be extended with activity. But you should never transfer miles unless you’re ready to book an award.
If you or a friend has one of the following Citi cards, you can transfer points into miles:
- Citi Premier has a 80,000 point bonus for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 3 points per dollar on airfare, hotels, travel agents, groceries, gas, and dining. $95 annual fee. Read more here.
Citi no-annual fee cards that are fantastic for earning points, but require a Citi Premier card for points transfers include:
- The Citi Double Cash card offers 2% cash back or 2 ThankYou points per dollar spent everywhere. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles. No annual fee. Read more here.
- The Citi Custom Cash Card offers 5 points per dollar on up to $500 in purchases in your top eligible spending category each billing cycle. This is marketed as 5% cash back, but will actually come in the form of 5 ThankYou points per dollar spent! Eligible categories include Restaurants, Gas Stations, Grocery Stores, Select Travel, Select Transit, Select Streaming Services, Drugstores, Home Improvement Stores, Fitness Clubs, and Live Entertainment. You will also get 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. No annual fee. Read more here.
- The Citi Rewards+ Card offering 20,000 points for spending $1,500 in 3 months. This card can’t transfer points on its own, but can transfer points if you have one of the Citi cards above. This card automatically rounds up rewards earned on every purchase to the nearest 10 points, meaning you earn 10 points on a $0.50 Amazon balance reload. Earn 2 points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets, and a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles and get a 10% points rebate on transferred or redeemed miles. No annual fee. Read more here.
Capital One cards with transferable points include:
- Capital One Venture X Card: Earn 75,000 bonus miles for spending $4,000 in 3 months, plus earn 2 miles per dollar spent, $300 annual travel credit, 10K anniversary bonus miles, Global Entry/Pre-Check, Capital One lounge access, Priority Pass Lounge membership, and more. Read more here.
- Capital One Venture: Earn 75,000 bonus miles for spending $4,000 in 3 months, plus 2 miles per dollar spent. Read more here.
- Capital One Spark Miles: Earn 50,000 bonus miles, plus 2 miles per dollar spent.
- Capital One Spark Cash Plus Card: Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles, plus 2 miles per dollar spent, convertible into transferrable miles with any of the 3 cards above. Read more here.