DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Flying Blue considers Israel to be part of Europe, which makes for mileage bargains, though fuel surcharges apply. JFK to Tel Aviv can be booked for as low as 25K miles in coach, 42.5K points in premium economy, or 53K miles in business class each way.
If you book an award ticket using Air France/KLM Flying Blue miles by 10/31 for travel on select dates between 12/1-1/31 you can find some great deals with Promo Awards.
Promo Awards are nonrefundable and non-changeable. They also have fuel surcharges.
You have to login to an Air France account to search for award space. On this page you can search for awards and click on “You are looking for a flight around these dates” to access the flexible award calendar.
This month’s US/Canada awards include:
- Coach travel to/from Boston, Chicago, or Washington DC and Europe/Israel/Russia.
- Premium Economy travel to/from Chicago and Europe/Israel/Russia.
- Business class travel to/from Calgary, Edmonton, or Montreal and Europe/Israel/Russia.
Prices for these awards now vary by destination.
Some dates will have short connections while other dates will have longer connections, perfect to check out Amsterdam or Paris for a day!
Here is Boston to Tel Aviv in coach:
Here is Chicago to Tel Aviv in premium economy:
Here is Montreal to Tel Aviv in business:
Want to earn Flying Blue points?
- You can transfer AMEX, Chase, Or Citi points to Flying Blue at a 1:1 ratio, Barclays points at a 1.4:1 ratio, Capital One points at a 2:1.5 ratio, or Marriott points to Flying Blue at a 60K:25K ratio.
AMEX cards with transferable Membership Rewards points to Flying Blue include:
Chase premium cards with transferable points:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- $95 annual fee, 60K points signup bonus, earn 2 points per dollar on dining/travel, 25% bonus value on using points for paid travel redemptions.
- Chase Ink Business Preferred
- $95 annual fee, 80K points signup bonus, earn 3 points per dollar on select business spending and travel, 25% bonus value on using points for paid travel redemptions.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- $450 annual fee, $300 in annual travel credit, 50K points signup bonus, earn 3 points per dollar on dining/travel, 50% bonus value on using points for paid travel redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, Priority Pass lounge access.
Chase no annual fee cards with transferable points if you, a spouse, or an additional user have one of the premium cards above:
- Chase Freedom Card
- No annual fee, 15K points signup bonus, earn 5 points per dollar in rotating categories.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Card
- No annual fee, earn 3 points per dollar everywhere on up to $20K in spending during your first year, then earn 1.5 points per dollar everywhere.
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card
- No annual fee, 50K points signup bonus, earn 1.5 points per dollar everywhere.
- Chase Ink Business Cash Card
- No annual fee, 50K points signup bonus, earn up to 5 points per dollar.
Barclays doesn’t currently offer any cards to new customers with transferable points. If you have a discontinued Arrival Premier card you can transfer points.
Capital One cards with transferable points to Flying Blue include:
- The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business offering 50,000 miles for spending $4,500 in 3 months and 2 miles per dollar spent. Get free Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
- The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offering 50,000 miles for spending $3,000 in 3 months and 2 miles per dollar spent. $95 annual fee waived for the first year.
Citi cards with transferable points to Flying Blue include:
- Citi Premier offering 60,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 3 points per dollar on travel and gas, and 2 points per dollar on dining and entertainment. $95 annual fee.
- Citi Prestige offering 50,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 5 points per dollar on airfare and dining, and 3 points per dollar on hotels. $495 annual fee.
- The Citi Rewards+ Card offering 15,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months. This card can’t transfer points on its own, but can transfer points if you have one of the Citi cards above. This card automatically rounds up rewards earned on every purchase to the nearest 10 points, meaning you earn 10 points on a $0.50 Amazon balance reload. Earn 2 points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, and a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles or get a 25% added value for paid airfare, plus get a 10% points rebate on transferred or redeemed miles. No annual fee.
Marriott cards with transferable points to Flying Blue include:
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express®Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Card
- Here is a comparison of all Marriott cards.
Will you book any promo awards with this promotion?