DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz or Expedia.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred, Ink Preferred, or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2-3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
United has an excellent $791 round-trip fare on their long-haul 15 hour nonstop from Newark to Cape Town. Changes to any other United flight is free, but the difference in fare will be owed. A Saturday night stay is required.
2 checked bag are included in this fare, perfect for bringing back fantastic inexpensive souvenirs or incredible kosher snacks and goodies that aren’t found elsewhere. Don’t forget to bring some Wedgewood nougats, Flings, Cheas Naks, Fizzers, Fritos, Simba chips, Nando Braai Sauce and Garlic Perinaise, or Biltong back for me! 😀
Just a few South African parve snacks for friends and family back home…
Cape Town may very well be the most stunning city in the world. Best of all, your dollar goes very far in South Africa! There are also several delicious kosher restaurants to choose from.
From Cape Town you can catch a flight to places like Johannesburg, Kruger National Park, Victoria Falls, Namibia, Mauritius, etc. for an extended vacation in Southern Africa.
Newark to Cape Town valid outbound dates:
January 12, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28, 30
February 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16, 20, 23, 25, 27
March 2, 4, 6, 11, 13, 16, 18
November 2, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16
Cape Town to Newark valid outbound dates:
January 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29, 31
February 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24, 26, 28
March 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24
November 7, 10, 12, 15, 17
Using Chase Points:
You can pay for the ticket with “hybrid points” such as AMEX or Chase points with a card that allows your points to be used at an increased value for airfare in addition to be able to transfer points into airline miles.
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The round-trip cost will be 52,738 points with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used.
This is bookable for 79.107 points with AMEX. Plus you’ll get back a 35% rebate with the Business Platinum Card or a 25% rebate with the Business Gold Card, dropping the total needed to as low as 51,419 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Don’t miss another deal!
Signup for free text message or push notification alerts here and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!
HT: Leon F.